I thought this was a female?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrkngford why dont you try cloning your females and just clone from one plant? it's alot easyer then it sounds. So all your need is one female of each strand. I put together a cloner for under 10 bucks and also made a faster cloner for 30 bucks that one included water pump and micro sprayers.
Think about trying cloning it would take the guess work out of it and save you money and hair.

First i wish to express thanks for each who took the time to read my post and offer help, thank you.
1) about clones;
I have only bag seed, auto's and feminized seeds, so i have nothing to clone.

My set up;

I KNOW i am exhausting hot air back into the room, it's embarrasshing:eek: but i'm broke ! i'l get the duct work to exhaust soon, yil then i have a fan blowing the air out of the room.

I have 2 4x4x6.5 tents. 1 for veg and 1 for flower.
T'5's in the veg tent and a 600 watt air cooled digital remote ballast with built in fan, charcoal filter (which isn't hooked up yet cause their is no smell yet, plus no more duct work, hehe:eek: )

I have a 434cfm 6" ehaust ( good point, i'll mount to ceiling later to reduce duct flow and restriction) with a "T" connected to both tents.
For inlet i just hooked up a twin inlet fan with 4" duct work.

Temps are, after 10 minutes, 86 degrees and 38% humidity, better, but i need to ehaust the heat!

I just gotta thank dirtyolsouth for his input in this thread. Spot on man.
Great explanations and just all around great advice.
Your experience and love of growing shows bro!

HippyInEngland said:
Try them and find out :)

Have you got a PH7 calibration solution?

:peace:

Lol, when i say i'm a dillhole, it's true.
All i ordered i did not know i needed calibration solution, lol???:eek:
One would think it's calibrated fron the factory?!

The tds came with solution but the ph did not, still broke but it's on my list.

The math i did to fiqure this was from HTG website.
They state that a 4x4x6.5 tent will only need a 83cfm fan to recycle the air once every five minutes, so if i hook to 2 tents and take into account the loss of cfm in duct work, i still only come up with needing a 250-300 cfm fan at MOST !.? , and i have a 434 cfm , am i correct?

well i can tell you for sure the exhaust is more than strong enough.
The tents are being sucked in when zipped up.
Their is a lot of flow going through there.

block that window too much light comes through that makes heat in that room. and for free mount that inline fan from the ceiling inbetween the tents just open lower vents to PULL in fresh cool air. I have no money eithere si i know how ya feel. I improvise and it works I grow all hydro easy to control water then soil for me.

try running lights only durring the night time this way your dealing with a cooler air temp. you can take clones from your bag seeds too try it it wont hurt too try one cutting. take it from the youngest fem and cut from the lower section of the plant.

mrkingford said:
Lol, when i say i'm a dillhole, it's true.

If you (our local legal beagle) is a dillhole, then I hate to think what I am.

I had no idea about my ph meter. I bought one on my first trip to the hydro shop, and was shown how to care for the equipment, how to calibrate, and given really good tips to be able to use less solution and save money. I have the same Hanna meter as you, and have had no problems at all.

I'm sorry for your run of bad luck and hope it gets better.

woodymanz said:
try running lights only durring the night time this way your dealing with a cooler air temp. you can take clones from your bag seeds too try it it wont hurt too try one cutting. take it from the youngest fem and cut from the lower section of the plant.

I can't switch light schudule now.
Can i take a clone from the bagseed? its been flowering for 4 weeks yesterday.

Also, QUESTION................

I have a remote probe for my thermometer's and i placed it on the VERY TOP of the canopy, the tallest point of the tallest plant, that's where i got my readings. ( flower tent )

Veg tent the probe is laying on the soil of the plants and is now about 85 degrees with 39% humidity, but when i go in the tent it feels nice, NOT HOT or MUGGY.? The outside ROOM temp says 80 on both meters, but it feels like 72 or so, nice.

Anyway, when i move my probe in the flower room to the soil, it reads 82 degrees.
So, my question is which temp matters? canopy level OR soil level ??

:eek: :holysheep: :rolleyes: :confused:

I also opened the tents to check and there is nice COOL air flowing through the bottom 4" inlet vents and a STRONG suction from the top 6" exhaust vents.............................?

advice needed, will pay retainer...........lol

Yoga;

Lol, your too funny. I'm no smarter than most, in fact, my parents had such strong connections, i almost couldn't fail, lol.
Although i have my strong points, a green thumb, as thus far, does not seem to be one of them, nor does physical labor in the realm of carpentry, building, and general "do it yourself" projects.( view that table I built,lol )
Sometimes i wonder what i am good at?

At any rate if my kids surpass me, i'll be grateful.
p. s. i have been thoughtful of my spelling, lol, always room for improvement.

mrkingford said:
I can't switch light schudule now.
Can i take a clone from the bagseed? its been flowering for 4 weeks yesterday.

Also, QUESTION................

I have a remote probe for my thermometer's and i placed it on the VERY TOP of the canopy, the tallest point of the tallest plant, that's where i got my readings. ( flower tent )

Veg tent the probe is laying on the soil of the plants and is now about 85 degrees with 39% humidity, but when i go in the tent it feels nice, NOT HOT or MUGGY.? The outside ROOM temp says 80 on both meters, but it feels like 72 or so, nice.

Anyway, when i move my probe in the flower room to the soil, it reads 82 degrees.
So, my question is which temp matters? canopy level OR soil level ??

:eek: :holysheep: :rolleyes: :confused:

I also opened the tents to check and there is nice COOL air flowing through the bottom 4" inlet vents and a STRONG suction from the top 6" exhaust vents.............................?

advice needed, will pay retainer...........lol

take your reading from under the light right next to the tops of your plants that more accureat readings.

Yes you can take a clone from that bag seed plant just from the bottom and try to find shoot with little budding.

after alot of review and beer, i think my bagseed is doing soo well because it is native to the area.
I think perhaps seeds do best in their natural habitat particular to each seed.?

who knows...................
Although i know it costs to learn, i would like to see some results soon, ggrrrr.

Although i know it costs to learn
thats exactly why im usin bagseed my first grows here now and will prolly continue wit themas i still gettin good bud either way and free seeds this way too. an if i lose em. oh well no financial los then i guess. imo so far the only thing im lackin moostly wit bagseed is not knowin the particular strain is all. so kinda a guessin game on care wise. but now i've got one momma ive gottten cuts off of and now all rooted an veggin ready for next batch flower. i also got one more i revegged of another no name strain thats really takion hella long to get in the game but she movin. i also cloned another noname strain only one of the bunch which im a mom up giving me total of 3 moms for future clone only grows. and never paid a dime for the plants other than for the care of them (nutes,equip. etc) and trust me man its all easier than it seems/looks. just read a bit on it an dive in. tahtswat i did.
idk if your like i am wit this growin bit but it seems the more i read on somethin the more i getconfused by it all as well as intimidated(information overload lol) so i read til i got the basics now and just go for it. if i fail then i go bak to the drawing board and read a lil more aND repeat. i know patience is a virtue but if ya ccan get some plants in flower and hatvest and another batch in flower when ya harvest right away then tartin all this on the side while waiting, imo it'll help take the edge off the wait .
trust me man. i prolly pulled out a million hairs cuzzes a storm on a daily basis, lost sleep etc etc before i got to wher at now an i still tend to stress abit on alot but once you finally nip it in the hiney you'll be proud of yourself. im happier than a two peckered billy goat now, and i just started idoor in feb. this year only
its hell at times man, trust me i know. at leastya got some decent equipment tho. unlike me an all my rig jobs. LOL but hey watever works i guess.
just remember its simply a weed bro. but wit optimal care you'll get optimal results imo.
and to say the least i am still by far no where near the perfection i am striving for.
baby steps my friend.... at least thats how i look at it all.
i really hope ya can get it all under control tho man.
dont give up. you'll get her soon. i got faith in ya man.

Hiya Mr K and all...

Dude... you can name your strain: Mr. K's Triumph! Heck yeah you got some potential good clone stock right there on your two flowering plants. Bagseed schmagseed! It's a marijuana seed. It's potential is unknown. A secret locked within. An epiphany revealing itself right before your very eyes... Okay already... Money can help your odds of getting a great strain but don't ever think that your bagseed can't turn out to be a killer strain. I've seen it happen too many times and it's happening right now in my closet.

I've got four girls that I took clones of right when I put them to flower and as soon as the intensive research coming up (me and the bong!;)) I'll know which of the four clones I'll keep in my garden and I'll give the others to my pal the outdoor grower. I have one plant done, another in the next few days and one more that just keeps flowering and only now at week 10 is showing signs of slowing down and the outer surface is *finally* starting to get nice and gooey. A week ago I didn't think it would be a contender but now I can only wonder until research is complete. It's labor-intensive but somebody's gotta do it.

To clone you will have to sacrifice one lower branch from each plant but it won't have any problem rooting with the bloom nutes she's been getting. It will take it a few weeks to learn how to re-veg but in time you'll have cuttings for future grows. Certainly less time than it will take to plant more seeds. Check out these great cloning guides from a couple of MP forum vets... Find a method that sounds good to you. More to learn, more to know!

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2441

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33009&highlight=cloning

And here's a DIY of the same method I use... NO cloning gel, solution or nutes... Just tap water and bubbles... I have made several of these and my current $20 model is made from a 2 gal black bucket with 5 cloning sites that hold 3 clones ea for a total of 15 at a time if I'd like but you can make it bigger or smaller. I use the neoprene collars for my clones and cut two additional slits in each collar with a razor blade so they can hold 3 clones each. All you need is bubbles and a dark tub/bin/bucket to keep light out of the water so it doesn't start growing algae or funk and I ain't talkin P-Funk! They do have commercially available aeroponic and bubble cloners but it's the easiest DIY you could ever do and it will save you $150 or more... Do you have a freshwater fish aquarium? I have a pal who hangs clones on the upper edge of his fish tank with the tips of the clones in the aquarium water and in 7-10 days he has fully rooted clones. Whodathunk?

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2799

It sounds like you have all the pieces for getting the exhaust happening whenever you get a few more doneros. I'm sure your wife is ready to kill you so that's just gonna have to wait. Once you get your duct to exhaust the air out of your grow room you won't believe the difference. Those high velocity fans pull so much air that cool air will come into the room from the rest of the house, through the passive intake and into your tents. It should get your temps perfect... patience.

Be glad you don't have a hydro store nearby! My first few years in all this I must have bought and tried every product out there... lol... You stop by for some worm castings or a bag of soil and there it is... the new *miracle* product on the shelf... (angels sing) delivering promises of increased essential oils, yields, flavor, taste, yada yada yada... Oooh.. I NEED some of that... No I didn't and still don't.

Rock ON!:cool:

I've seen it happen too many times and it's happening right now in my closet.
i second that dirty.
i got 3 shawg seed girls goin in my closetwit the other good nug seeds and im so inlove wit one for sure. i cloned her erly on an im a mom'er up for cuttings.
she is just a beut.
i agree. no need to be downing the shwag ladies imo either.

zipflip said:
i second that dirty.
i got 3 shawg seed girls goin in my closetwit the other good nug seeds and im so inlove wit one for sure. i cloned her erly on an im a mom'er up for cuttings.
she is just a beut.
i agree. no need to be downing the shwag ladies imo either.

About 5 years ago I had an extremely sweet and potent high yielding sativa come out of a bag of compressed 'schwag.' The weed I grew didn't even look like it was from the same planet as the bud I got the seeds out of. I think a good deal of schwag must be nice when it's in the fields and then the commercial drying, compressing and storage of the weed takes it's toll. Whenever I come across some brown that you can actually taste despite all the abuse it's had and if it has a great buzz I'll keep a few beans. I just had some brown weed a couple of weeks ago that had a sweet twang and heavy buzzzzz that reminded me of the Thai weed I used to get in the late 70's and early 80's... I'll be popping a few of those to try soon. You just never know and along with the risk that it could turn out poor I think the odds are in your favor if you liked the weed the seeds came out of.

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back