Ideas to Raise Humidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When too dry I threw couple of buckets of water on the floor and humidity went up instantly. Cant do it in all the places thou.
Also misted like a MF

Oldsmobile 442 actually,no that isn't my actual car but maybe 1 day.I love my Cutlass'.Hence my screen name "oldsman".I hear you on the blown engines and things but the times had were good.

Darn, I'm getting old. I used to be able to keep all those different models separate. That 442 had quite an engine didn't it?

Yeah,455 cubic inches of power.Dang I miss it.These little V-6 engines I'm driving today just don't have that raw power.I actually still have my 455 engine in the shed waiting for another chassis and my sons to get a little older so we can build it together as my last Hot Rod.

Was wondering if you got your humidity under control and if so how did you pull it off?

No, I mist things everyday and AM leaving pans of water in my space and still can't seem to get humidity over about 35%. The heat has been brutal here. We have had highs in the mid to high 90s or low 100s for about a month and RH running 10-30%.

Get a piece of foam air filter material and place it in a bucket of water in front of you air intake for the grow room. It will wick up water and the fan blowing across it will evaporate the water into the air. this show raise the RH like a swamp cooler does.

That sounds like a lot of work but as you always say"you get out of it what you put in". GL

I'm thinking that low RH is a lot better than too high RH. As long as they are being fed and watered correctly. Anything you do to raise RH will help though -- even if it's in your own mind :)

Peace

Agreed HemperFi - but what is your RH comfort range?

When you Rh is to low the plants transpire water to fast and they dont get to use the nutrients up at the same rate they are moving water thru their system so there can be a toxic build up of nutrients

Yeah, I am with that Ozzy. What I meant was what is your target for optimal RH? I have always aimed for 50% as the magic number, with maybe a 5%-10% up-or-down variation before I get concerned.

I don't know if this helps but humidity and evaporation are all about exposed surface area of water. So if you have a container of water open under the lights it the more surface area of the water the more water will evaporate at any given time. Then depth of the container only determine how long you go before filling it up again. Just thought maybe you could rig up a trough or something.

I'm growing is serious desert in the SW -- My RH fluctuates between 5% and 50% depending on factors. I haven't been too concerned so far -- too many other things to worry about :) This may change this next season. It's too hot there to even consider popping seeds right now though. Next month....

Peace

I am leaving standing water in the room. I haven't checked the RH recently. I don't have a good meter--I borrow one from a friend. It wasn't really an issue when I was growing hydro.

We have fires close and it seems that the air is drier. We have smoke and ash in the air and have had a couple of power outages. Roads are closed and you can hear the helicopters dipping water and planes dropping retardant. I am not worried about my home, but it plays havoc with life with fires this close and you always have to be prepared for an emergency.

Geez THG be careful, i know you are prepared for as much as a person can be prepared for. This weather should break soon shouldn't it?

Latest posts

Back