i'm pretty sure, but need reasurance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surreptitious

Supreme Chancellor
Reaction score
ok guys this is my first batch of clones that i've gotten into flowering. attached are some pictures. they are all from different mothers. this was my original batch to determine if the mothers are any good. but they all seem to look the same to me. the mothers were white widow, crystal, and ice.

in 2 days these guys will have been flowering for 3 weeks under a 400 watt MH bulb. I bought all my equipment before reading on this site. If i could go back i would have purchased a HPS bulb, but this is what i've got. it seems to be doing the job.

it's a total of 12 plants. in a 3'x3' tray, in a 5'x5' tent. using top drip hydroponic method. i'm using GH's schedule for the flowering nutes...using the Flora Nova series. This schedule also calls for liquid kool bloom, which i'm also using. in 5 days or so, i will change out my rez, continue to use the regular GH schedule with koolbloom, but I will also add Humbolt County's Own Snow Storm, Ultra. It's supposed to make it produce more THC crystals. we'll see.

2 weeks before the end i will be hitting them with Hombolt County's own gravity which is a flower hardener. supposed to make the flowers fully develop and in tern making them more dense. we'll see lol

anyways, they all look like females to me. i just wanted other people to take a look to make sure i'm right. i'm sorry that i'm not the best photographer in the world, let me know if you need more pictures.

thanks again,
surrept

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

I've never used it, but I think you need to use gravity before the last two weeks to have any impact. Maybe you should send EffenGee a pm and ask him about using gravity.

surreptitious said:
I will also add Humbolt County's Own Snow Storm, Ultra. It's supposed to make it produce more THC crystals. we'll see.

Now that I would like to see. I have done an awful lot of research on this topic- and I've never heard of any nutrient or additive that increases trich production- unless it's loaded with heavy metals.

Do you have a link for that product?

Thanks.

IMHO, you will not be disappointed with your mh grow. Flowering plants (MJ at least) does require some light in the red spectrum.

If you are using a mh that is designed for growing- you should be able to find it's spectral output to see if it has any output in the 610nm to 700nm range.

Maybe just adding a cfl (warm, around 3000k) would help.

BBFan said:
I've never used it, but I think you need to use gravity before the last two weeks to have any impact. Maybe you should send EffenGee a pm and ask him about using gravity.

Now that I would like to see. I have done an awful lot of research on this topic- and I've never heard of any nutrient or additive that increases trich production- unless it's loaded with heavy metals.

Do you have a link for that product?

Thanks.

hXXp://www.hidhut.com/catalog/humboldt-countys-own-snow-storm-ultra-gallon-p-2240.html

this is the best i can do for snow storm, ultra.

ozzydiodude said:
They look great hope you marked them

Green Mojo to give them a little extra love

yes, i marked them! once i cut them down i'll be able to find the markers! lol

PuffinNugs said:
:yeahthat:

but i think you know that and jus twanted to show your nicely budding plants ;) j/k

haha, i've been staring at them for 12 hours a day for 3 weeks. i just want to make sure i'm not going crazy.

i had suspected they looked ok though lol

surreptitious said:
this is the best i can do for snow storm, ultra.

Yeah, I checked. I use Humboldts Organic line myself and never saw that before. Either I never looked, or saw it and don't remember. Looks like a jolt of potassium and some B1.

Neither one has been linked to trich production in any scientific study.

But I guess they can say whatever they want when selling to us MJ growers. :p

BBFan said:
IMHO, you will not be disappointed with your mh grow. Flowering plants (MJ at least) does require some light in the red spectrum.

If you are using a mh that is designed for growing- you should be able to find it's spectral output to see if it has any output in the 610nm to 700nm range.

Maybe just adding a cfl (warm, around 3000k) would help.

i've got the bulb specs right here. it's a Hortilux - Blue Daylight Metal Halide Grow Lamp. MT400D/HOR/HTL-BLUE 400 WATT.

according to their graph on the back it ranges from 40 to 50 percent of relative energy between 610nm and 700nm range.

not a clue if thats good or not lol

BBFan said:
Yeah, I checked. I use Humboldts Organic line myself and never saw that before. Either I never looked, or saw it and don't remember. Looks like a jolt of potassium and some B1.

Neither one has been linked to trich production in any scientific study.

But I guess they can say whatever they want when selling to us MJ growers. :p

a hydroponic store owner recommended this product based on the fact that she sells a lot of it and people are satisfied with it. who knows, she might have been just trying to get a sale...we'll see :)

PuffinNugs said:
MH for veg and HPS for flowering is the best way to go. i like those conversion bulbs so you can use say a 400 watt MH in a 400watt HPS lamp with less lumens of course but its nice.

i have a digital gallaxy ballast that will except MH or HPS. I guess I'll see how I do with just the MH and if its worth buying another bulb. Maybe I'll get an HPS bulb when this one MH bulb dies. At this moment I cannot justify spending the money on a HPS bulb.

I got the 400w system with the conversion bulb mh ...so mh and hps mix is best. two weeks each roughly......

surreptitious said:
i've got the bulb specs right here. it's a Hortilux - Blue Daylight Metal Halide Grow Lamp. MT400D/HOR/HTL-BLUE 400 WATT.

according to their graph on the back it ranges from 40 to 50 percent of relative energy between 610nm and 700nm range.

not a clue if thats good or not lol

Sounds like a good bulb.

Using it, you will end up with tight nugs- that's been my experience. Add the gravity and you should have some real nice buds when you're done.

Happy Growing! :cool:

BBFan said:
Sounds like a good bulb.

Using it, you will end up with tight nugs- that's been my experience. Add the gravity and you should have some real nice buds when you're done.

Happy Growing! :cool:

hey thanks. it was recommended by the guys at the hydro store. tight nugs would be most excellent! I'm curious how much my net dried weight will be. i've got another batch of 15 clones going right now, but if 12 plants gives me what i want, i will be ok killing 3 off lol.

just cropped some of the bigger photos. i like 2 see the crystals! :)

2215.jpg

2216.jpg

2214.jpg

surreptitious said:
i have a digital gallaxy ballast that will except MH or HPS. I guess I'll see how I do with just the MH and if its worth buying another bulb. Maybe I'll get an HPS bulb when this one MH bulb dies. At this moment I cannot justify spending the money on a HPS bulb.

You can get a 400w hps bulb on 1000bulbs for like 7 bucks...hxxp://www.1000bulbs.com/400-Watt-HPS/

600w costs 27...which sucks because the 1000w hps costs 27 also...:confused:

gravity is the bomb....but yeah you don't want to use it untill the end of harvest only one or 2 applications, it's good stuff I used it last grow on a strain I've had for awhile, and the reults were insane...good stuff I will use it until they pull it off the shelfs. Snow storm ultra or purple max can be used from the start of flowering. Seriously use the Gravity lightly, less is more with this product using too much can be really bad. I was told by the distributor that your buds can get too hard off this, not sure exactly what too hard means??? but thats what they said, and it becomes more susceptible to mold...anyway a little bottle goes a long long way, I'm on my 3rd with the 8 oz bottle, and it's like a full bottle still.

Get a HPS/MH conversion bulb

After typing all this out I reread your post surrup...You are doing it right...keep doing what your doing. LOL I saw someone giving you advice on the Humboldt stuff, and thought that you were confused...anyway it got me confused...your following the directions...sorry...something threw me off...could of been the afghani

Latest posts

Back