Impotency problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MootPointBlank

Murphy's Law Incarnate
Reaction score
No, not me, the nutes.

Are Blue Mountain Organics nutes just weak to begin with or am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had any experience with these? I'm mixing them in RO/0ppm water according to their specs and I'm not getting anywhere near the TDS concentrations that are typically recommended for cannabis. I'm quadrupling the specs now just to get in the ballpark and I know my meter is correct because the calibration checks. It's getting to the point where I'm ready to scrap the stuff entirely and try something different. Organic is the way I want to go, but results are paramount at this point. Any insight is much appreciated.

Thanks,
MPB

The Effen Gee said:
My recommendation?

Swich to coco and use all Canna products. Simply the best.

What medium are you using?

Thanks EG,
I am using hydroton pellets.

The Effen Gee said:
My recommendation?

Swich to coco and use all Canna products. Simply the best.

What medium are you using?

I'll second that, they doing good for me for sure :48:

By the way, which Canna products are you referring to? I just finished reading some of the product lit on their site and there seems to be a lot to choose from.

search lucas formula. I also got to the point where i feel like I NEED to see stellar results for my continuation to be worth it. I decided I'd try this lucas formula with the suggested GH nutes. They are very cheap and if you search pictures you'll see great results with the same nutrient regime. I figured it was worth a try and comparing with a full regime of my current nutes as I've not gotten great results with my current nutes, but I think it was my fault. I just want some big fat smokable buds ASAP :) good luck with your grow studies. GREEN MOJO for you my friend

Newbud said:
hxxp://growguide.info/

Thanks, that's a nice app.. Can I get away with just using the Vega and Flores formulas or are the additives that crucial? Also, how close to their EC measurements do you stay?

MPB

MootPointBlank said:
No, not me, the nutes.

Are Blue Mountain Organics nutes just weak to begin with or am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had any experience with these? I'm mixing them in RO/0ppm water according to their specs and I'm not getting anywhere near the TDS concentrations that are typically recommended for cannabis. I'm quadrupling the specs now just to get in the ballpark and I know my meter is correct because the calibration checks. It's getting to the point where I'm ready to scrap the stuff entirely and try something different. Organic is the way I want to go, but results are paramount at this point. Any insight is much appreciated.

Thanks,
MPB
Make sure you are using the right measurment conversions. 1tsp=5ml, I had a duh! Moment a while ago using cc's instead of ml lol, and I was like "wait my ppms are supposed to be higher"?

Shockeclipse said:
Make sure you are using the right measurment conversions. 1tsp=5ml, I had a duh! Moment a while ago using cc's instead of ml lol, and I was like "wait my ppms are supposed to be higher"?

Thanks Shock,
Yes, I know that this is correct too as their directions are given in standard units and my measuring spoons have the metric equivalents printed on them as well. If I mix to their specs, I only get ~100ppm so I have to start adding more and more of the original ferts, plus the additives, to get a respectable tds. Given the plant's response, I can't tell if anything is happening. I suspect that I have been starving them all this time out of a fear of overferting. In the beginning they would flip out when I did fert, but that was because they were in too small of pots. I repotted and they seemed to do a bit better for a while and then just started dying from the bottom up. Nothing I did improved them. They're bagseed, but still, I should see better results than this.

MPB

Shockeclipse said:
Not sure if this was already asked but has your tester been calibrated?

" I'm quadrupling the specs now just to get in the ballpark and I know my meter is correct because the calibration checks."

Thanks, it's a good suggestion, but I take meticulous care in maintaining the calibration of my meter. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think that these just aren't good nutes. Everything else that I, and everyone else, can think of checks against ideal status and conditions. I still believe that growing is ultimately an uncomplicated venture, as long as certain, basic requirements are met. I've checked again and again and the only remaining variable is the nutes. Very disappointing, especially for my first run in years and with all of the time, expense and energy spent on the design and construction of this grow. However, I am confident I can make it work. The success I see in the various journals on this forum is very inspiring.

Live long and prosper \\V//,

^MPB^

MootPointBlank said:
Thanks, that's a nice app.. Can I get away with just using the Vega and Flores formulas or are the additives that crucial? Also, how close to their EC measurements do you stay?

MPB
Yes you can get away with just using them and the pk 13/14 but you will see a better plant by using them all.

I would stick to about 50% of what they recommend on the vega flores or A/B bottles but use there recommendation on all others.
If you do go with the cannaboost you can feed it full strength wth no worries and i wouldn't use it before you've used the pk13/14 as i did cos it was basically a waste.
Not everyone rates the cannaboost though but you can use others.

Oh yeah as for EC, i dunno i dont check. I measure ml to litres ( 20ml A+B to 10L water, then the additives ), and set ph to 5.8

Update:
I ordered the Canna Aqua A and B series but am holding off on getting any of the pricey additives until I am able to get some results with the basics. Also ordered GH Up/Down since the stuff I have seems to be really unstable. If you read my thread on Bio vs. Aqua you will notice that measuring EC in organic nutes is pointless because the ions that an EC meter measures are bound in organic molecules that have to be broken down first and only very, very expensive equipment can do it.
So, I guess that concludes this thread. Thanks all for your input.

May you have much success,
MPB

Auqa florez (which is what you got) will work fine, just be sure to add equal parts a &b and let the solution set for a minimum of three hours before using.

Also, if you don't have an ro filter now, you should.

Also Florez should adjust your ph automatically. It does for me, but I use coco a and b, almost the same formulas.

The Effen Gee said:
Also Florez should adjust your ph automatically. It does for me, but I use coco a and b, almost the same formulas.

Same here 20ml A 20ml B to 10 L tap water gives me ph 5.8-5.9, bonus :) ( Canna coco A+B )

Latest posts

Back