Inexpensive Clone box!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazewarrior

Protected under prop 215
Reaction score
2 clear shoe boxes (Big Lots $1ea)
Some clear packing tape that I'm sure everyone has around the house.

Drill two holes in one of the shoe boxes and tape them together.:clap:

That's it!!!

shoeboxes.jpg

cloneboxlid.jpg

cloneboxtape.jpg

clones 008.jpg

clones 009.jpg

I ussually use 1" Rockwool cubes but you can use anything you want. In this case I used grow cubes topped with grow balls. I've had this same jar of Schultz TakeRoot for 6 years. Seams to work and I got it at Home Depot?:)

clone medium.jpg

TakeRoot.jpg

Looks sweet, why just the two holes? I dont know much about cloning, so sorry for such a dumb question.

And do you have to water them? If yes, why tape the boxes? :eek:

I think im missing something :( Sorry

Looks sweet, why just the two holes? I dont know much about cloning, so sorry for such a dumb question.

And do you have to water them? If yes, why tape the boxes? :eek:

I think im missing something :( Sorry

No worries JeSus, the two holes just help to let out some of the heat and humidity, I've done it without holes at all. Normally I will only keep the box closed for 1-3 days and I will open it daily for a few minutes to let in fresh air. For those first 1-3 days you shouldn't need to water the clones at all but that depends on your cloning medium and conditions of the cloning area. The boxes are only taped on one side so you can prop it open. After a week or so you can remove the box completely.:)

i use a 10 gallon aquarium with plexi glass lid. it holds about 16 clones. i have it set up with a new form of terrarium humidity control, heat mat and air pump. its a hands free machine. it costs about $100.00 to build if you can fine the components. good luck!

Latest posts

Back