Insurance guy in my yard!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slartibartfast

Don't Panic
Reaction score
I got out of the shower to hear the doorbell ring. A guy with a clipboard and a measuring wheel had evidently been walking all around my house measuring for the homeowners insurance co. I guess they do this every year, but I had forgotten about it.
Well he said he needed to get into the fenced off yard where my workshop is, to measure it. That's where my 7 foot sativa is too. I'm like a friggin deer in the headlights. :eek: I don't know, but I assume he had been all around the house, and you can see it if you look for it through the fence back there. I usually keep it more hidden, but I had just dragged it out of the shop since it froze last night, and I didn't hide it as well as usual.
I went ahead and let him back there and walked with him, he didn't seem to look in that direction, but he did have a small digital camera. I know mine can't do much at a distance, but now I'm paranoid.
Any of you had something like this happen?
I don't know whether to cut it now, or forget it. She still needs another 20 days or so.
I wonder if they are trained to look for illegal activity when measuring houses.
I really could have done without that happening.

I was not in the market to refi my house this year as I had just done it last year.... Well the bank called and the terms was kinda nice but they said they would have to redo the home inspection stuff. After that, I kindly asked them why they could not take the estimate they just did a year ago, (same company). I sorta got them to admit that this was the way they were gonna make extra money off me for charging those fees upfront and dropping the rate a quarter point.

I said no thank you. heh.

got pest control people coming over every month.. I know one lady that work there and come here more often than other employee I forgot some pipe laying around the table..

she saw it.. and smile a lit bit.. I caught her.. I took it and put it up.. she smiled all the way and around spraying the bug killers.. myself I'm little paranoid maybe shes OK.. one time I remember one insurance guy came to my other home which is trailer where my mexican and his family lives there.. saw some 6 ft tall colas.. I did caught that insurance man saw them for a few min.. and still do his job.. he gave me good smile and gave me good handshake... yeah I wonder!!.. but no one bothers me since 4 years so far..

all good all cool... but if its kids.. different story!!!

well where im from, We dont need to worry :p
4 indoor plants = $280 Ticket
1 plant outdoor = $50 Ticket

I would be more worried about a Few people coming back and ripping them off
We are very lucky here, The only people that can request to come inside or to the rear of my house are police officers
with a warrent

Dont be hesitant, in what u say or tell these people that want to inspect your property

I would say is this totally necessary I am in a hurry right now.

If they are a jerk and say yes then you just say come back another time please and close the door. You don't owe them anything. Not money, nothin. Your property is your property.

Well, if nothing comes of it in the next couple of days I'd say you're safe. It's hard to say, because anyone can snitch.

Well it's still there today, so I'm guessing he didn't notice it. There are all kinds of other plants in my yard too, so I'm feeling better about it now... Slartibartfast breathes a sigh of guarded relief.

I wish I hadn't been stoned when he came. I've been smoking off of that plant since a storm broke part of a limb off a couple of weeks ago. I hung it behind my computer to dry, worked like a charm. It's really getting frosty now.

I posted some new pictures in my grow journal, the link is in my sig.

If it was reported you would have had a knock at the door by now, if the police had been informed they would know you would try to get rid of the evidence as soon as possible.

Thanks Hippy, that's what I'm thinking too. I just put her pic in my journal a moment ago.

Latest posts

Back