intake duct fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
loolagigi said:

if your tryin to find somethin wit a good air flow to exchange your air your gonna need somethin wit higher cfm's.. its length x width x(height x 1.2) and thats how many cfm's u need to exchange the air 1 every min.. double that number it will b 2wice a min.. triple it 3 times a min.. so on and so forth.. u need to have your air exchanged atleast 1 every 3 to 5 min.. but theere is no such thing as goin overboard in this dept. those inline duct fans are more if you have long narrow duct with not good air floow then u can connect that to it and it helps out.. but for actually changin the air i would say to get it atleast 1 time a min you need a 240 cfm.. its gonna b costly at first but well worth it and you wont have to worry about temps.. i have about the same size space as you (its a closet) and ima b runnin 440 cfm's.. but hope this helps and happy growin

ArtVandolay said:
I bought one and returned it. It's very noisy :hubba:.

:yeahthat::goodposting: and these type of fans are made boost air that is already moving. These are used for extended long runs of duct work.

Really loli? Save your money. Get a inline fan. I have had no prob with CAP. I have many of there products and none have yet to fall short. They have great CFM per dollar spent.

My room is the same size as yours and the Elicent 6in, 309cfm works fantastic and is very quiet. I also ran a 4" vortex that did the job great, it was just too noisy for my sitch.

thanks everyone for your replies. im sorry i didnt state this before....i have a 465 cfm squrell cage fan exzausting the room through my cooltubes. i am looking for a cheap way to bring air in!

I don't have an intake, unless you consider 2.5 inch holes drilled out around the bottom of the walls an intake...I guess it's a passive intake.

Budders Keeper said:
I don't have an intake, unless you consider 2.5 inch holes drilled out around the bottom of the walls an intake...I guess it's a passive intake.
your rooms the same size as mine? how many 2.5" holes do you have? i can only put 1 hole in....cosmetics.

Latest posts

Back