Is 1 gram per watt really such a much???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffin Afatty

Reaction score
Howdy Growers!!!! :ciao:

:bong1: I'm not a commercial grower, only grow for my own stash, but I am concerned about having enuf to smoke from 1 harvest to the next harvest.

I have heard folks here and other forums speak of getting 1 gram per watt almost as if it is the Holy Grail of indoor yield??

What kinda yield do You Folks think is adequate???:cool:

:farm: In this past SnowWhite grow, I harvested 90 ounces [wet] of buds and another couple ounces of trim for oil. I should yield 18 ounces easily. This was from one 400 watt HPS bulb and one plant. It was a long grow, 17 weeks of flower and 3 weeks of veg.

If I can make the harvest last until my next harvest in november, I will be a happy camper. :hubba:

lyfr said:
18 oz. from a 400! you got me beat. i havent hit the magical 1g per W yet. best i got was a little over .75gpw...but im gettin closer.

Thanks Lyfr!!!;)

I meant to question the idea of such a standard.:eek:

I read where someone mentioned the time factor too. A valid point, insofaras I took 20 weeks to get 500 grams from the 400w hps. I could do 2 grows of an indica in the same time and get way more than 500grams.;)

Also, I think that each strain is gonna do differently. My SnowWhite is a heavy hitter in yield, potency and buzz.:hubba:

Do you mean 90 grams from one plant? 90 ounces is a huge amount LOL. I have never attained the holy grail never. Best would probably be .75 or .50 per watt. if you got 90 ounces from a plant you are the man...:D

That's 2520 grams from a 400watt=6.3 grams per watt

Cornellius said:
I believe in quality, not quantity. Less sativa bud is better than more indica bud. (in my opinion of course, it is a matter of taste)

Howdy Cornellius!!!! :ciao:

:farm: I have to agree, Quality is a given too. what good is 18 ounces of poor quality weed. I think most growers would agree, Quality is Job #1. ;)

That said, I try to get the most out of each plant I grow, given it's strains limitations. I have for a long time, thought about going to a 1000w hps to maximize the potentials of these strains. I imagine having 50 inch colas instead of 20 inch colas :hubba: [I always figgered, I just dont need that much stash to justify the expense I guess]

snuggles said:
Do you mean 90 grams from one plant? 90 ounces is a huge amount LOL. I have never attained the holy grail never. Best would probably be .75 or .50 per watt. if you got 90 ounces from a plant you are the man...:D

That's 2520 grams from a 400watt=6.3 grams per watt

Howdy Snuggles!!!!

Yes, that is correct, 90 ounces WET from My SnowWhite!!!
She is only 1 plant under a 400watt hps;)

However, dried I expect it to yield only 18 ounces. Merely 1.25 grams per watt, eh. :hubba:

Puffin Afatty said:
Howdy Cornellius!!!! :ciao:

:farm: I have to agree, Quality is a given too. what good is 18 ounces of poor quality weed. I think most growers would agree, Quality is Job #1. ;)

That said, I try to get the most out of each plant I grow, given it's strains limitations. I have for a long time, thought about going to a 1000w hps to maximize the potentials of these strains. I imagine having 50 inch colas instead of 20 inch colas :hubba: [I always figgered, I just dont need that much stash to justify the expense I guess]

You are certainly right. I guess I need to add you to my "to abduct list" XD This weird guy certainly inspired me =P

Yeah thats pretty crazy. I am not sure that I have seen an indoor plant harvest this much in my life and i grow DWC trees. If you take into consideration that it will dry out around 75% that would be a dry weight of 630 grams, from 1 plant under a sole 430 watt HPS, for 1.575 grams per watt dry weight.

Do you have any pictures of this monster, puffin?

I have acheived 1 gram per watt in my DWC buckets, but you need to have the correct strain, and everything must go smooth through the whole grow, it is not an easy thing to accomplish, IMHO

massproducer said:
Yeah thats pretty crazy. I am not sure that I have seen an indoor plant harvest this much in my life and i grow DWC trees. If you take into consideration that it will dry out around 75% that would be a dry weight of 630 grams, from 1 plant under a sole 430 watt HPS, for 1.575 grams per watt dry weight.

Do you have any pictures of this monster, puffin?

I have acheived 1 gram per watt in my DWC buckets, but you need to have the correct strain, and everything must go smooth through the whole grow, it is not an easy thing to accomplish, IMHO

Thanks Massproducer!!!:D

;) I usually just estimate by dividing by 5. [90/5=18] The grow journal is here to view. [link in signature] lots of pics from start to finish.:hubba:

snuggles said:
Nice very nice. Wanna job LOL? I kid but that journal is impressive.

Thanks Snuggles!!!;)

I am happily retired, but thanks again for the offer, :rofl:

get me a clone quickly!!!(;))
Or do pass me your secret!!! i did see some crazy yields at some places but you must be champion!! Or you are gonna be rich on this strain!!

damn,,,cant you pop up pics of this monster??

cheerio,
Dutch

dutchman said:
get me a clone quickly!!!(;))
Or do pass me your secret!!! i did see some crazy yields at some places but you must be champion!! Or you are gonna be rich on this strain!!

damn,,,cant you pop up pics of this monster??

cheerio,
Dutch

Go to the link in my signature below, the whole grow journal is there.:hubba:

i kinda not believe you,
and really this is not ment as a trollreply or even to diss you but i really don't.
Massive plant, i agree,,,but more then 2kg (6 wet) is unbelievable.
again,,,,,2 grams per watt is master over here,,3 even 4 is allmost not done

cheerio

I am having a hard time too. But, if you did, heres my biggest congrats ever givin! I have got to get some good genetics......

Latest posts

Back