is hygrogen peroxide ok with Fox Farm Nutes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peaceful

Reaction score
I read the recent Hygrogen Peroxide article and had a prime opertunity to give a try. I had a clone that I transplanted too early into a 1g container and it was root rotting from the first watering after transplant.
I mixed up a tbs/gal of FF Grow Big and 2tsp/gal of hygrogen peroxide and watered my 4 clones fully. BAM, perked right up in a day and has substantial new growth in 2 days. I was very impressed with the peroxide so I would like to continue using it on all my plants. Question is, will peroxide kill the good stuff in my Fox Farm Nutes or have a negative long term affect? Is a soil grow, using FF nutes, considered organically "active"? Is there beneficial bacteria and stuff (such as in MP's coco buckets) in my soil that will be killed off by using peroxide?

I wouldn't even bother you with these questions if the peroxide had not worked so well for me. Thanks!

the only help i can give is to say that Fox Farm nutes are Organic with the exception of Tiger Bloom...Good luck and thanks for the post:ciao:

take care and be safe

I dont know any facts but IMO I think your plants will be fine using both I dont think it will have any effect on the nutrients. I think you'll be fine.

hydrogen peroxide will not react with your nutes. I add it everytime to my bioponic dwc. I also use it in my bubble cloner. It not only prevents rot and fungus but adds much needed o2 for faster rooting

peroxide doesn't necessarily kill all microorganisms in the res. it is very effective at controlling them however. especially in the dilute concetrations we are using them. if this dilute concentration of hydrogen peroxide were effective at killing all microorganism, then why would they sell it in a higher concentration. that and the hydrogen peroxide is consantly breaking down into h2o and o, so from the second you add it to your res the concentration immediately starts going down. so as your concentration of h202 goes down the amount of microorganisms have a chance to climb back up.

IMO completely
If it ain't broke, dont' fix it. You DO NOT need hydrogen peroxide in your res. If you DO, you are not maintaining the proper conditions for you res.
Hydrogen Peroxide is a GREAT help to fix root rot and bacteria related problems. It is NOT meant for everyday or constant use nor is it needed.
Will it cause a problem, maybe, maybe not. It does kill bacteria, bad or good. This can lead to other problems.

Latest posts

Back