is this enough roots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
This clone is two weeks old and came from my mother Shnazzleberry plant. This is the first clone I have gotten to root so I am so excited. Does this look like enough roots so I can throw her in some soil? I dont want to mess this up so please let me know what I should do. Thanks

001-1.JPG

If its going in soil you could plant that cube, more roots will show quickly now.

yeah you're golden. I clone in 2 oz dixie cups and as soon as I see roots poking out of the bottom I transfer to soil.

I plan on putting the whole cube right into the soil. Is there any benifits to waiting till more roots show. Or as long as there is any roots showing at all am I all good?

oh and by the way thanks Growdude!!!! I have tried to clone many times before and I allways failed but this time I used your method and it worked. I used bloom nutes this time so that might be why it worked too. I have read soooooo many things on cloneing and have never seen anyone say to use bloom nutes for clones but the other day someone mentioned it so I tried it and it worked. Thats kind of an important thing to leave out when giving people instructions on how to clone isnt it?

maineharvest said:
I plan on putting the whole cube right into the soil. Is there any benifits to waiting till more roots show. Or as long as there is any roots showing at all am I all good?

PUT THE CUBE IN THE SOIL. :)

Try sand for your next clones, in a clear disposable cup. You can see the roots and all it takes is some water to get them out of the sand and rinsed off. I grown hundreds and hundreds of clones and sold most of them by the first week. You can pretty much transplant a clone as early as when the the stem even has white specks, where the roots will grow. I've also heard something about shortening clone timing by putting them on 12/12. I haven't tried it personally, but my buddy has a pretty impressive grow.

Ive never tried the sand before but I just might have too in the future. Im going to stick with what works for right now since its almost time to put a bunch of my girls outside. I think my biggest problem was that I thought the bigger the clone I cut than the more healthy it was. So all my cuts were way too big and they had a ton of leaves on them which made them focus on veg growth and not roots. As soon as I trimmed off most of the leaves they started rooted right away.

never heard of the daisy cloner. I got a little DWC system that I have three clones in but havent got any roots yet.

Latest posts

Back