Iso Hash Oil

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to disagree with this, if you are using Iso, it is much better to quick wash, a lot of people only soak the plant matter for 5 minutes or under, and do 2 soaks, after that you are only dissolving undesirable.

Negative.

After making ISO literally hundreds of times there is no doubt that time is an important factor in properly isomerizing the THC. Basically dilluting it INTO the chemical.

Reason time is a good factor is the THC contained deep within the resin heads needs time to "Seep" into the mixture. This process takes time. Reason a tincture can take up to 50 or more days is because the levels of alcohol are much lower and need much more time to properly dissolve into the mixture.

I recently made a batch of cannabis wine that took almost four months.

Less distillates = less extraction = more time

Now, I only recommend using COMPLETELY dried and cured bud or trimmings. If you use media that had a lot of cloryphyll in it...it's gonna transfer to the final product.

*NOTE* although ISO is a simple way to produce potent oil...I have and would recommend people to use/manufacture in small doses...less often. Also I am going to state that using ISO COULD have potential SERIOUS side effects including but not limited to blindness and acute respitory problems.

Just a word of caution.

Bro your information is greatly skewed, isomerizing is the process of changing the chemical structure of a compound, as in budder, using alcohol and then acid to change all cannabinoids to THC.

Making ISO oil and tincture are totally different things and meant to be ingested in totally different ways, you do not make tincture with ISO, you make it with everclear or something that is consumable, everclear and ISO are completely different substances, and as such have completely different solvent properties.

I will tell you from experience that making iso and leaving it soaking in the alcohol any longer then 5 minutes, and you will yeild a product far inferior to QWISO, which is Quick Wash ISO, which is basically the gold standard for ISO. After a few minutes you are going to be mainly extracting undesirables, such as chlorophyll and tar. Do some research on the topic and see what you come up with.

But please stop interchanging ISO with Tincture because they are totally different.

shaking any more than 2 [two] minutes is toooo long. you can easily prove it to yourself, try some of the [2min]shake after it dries of course, nothin left to get you high :hubba:

yup, i totally agree, I don't make iso much any more, but I was down to basically 2-30 second washes

So, I used green (undried) trimming from a male plant, AND i let it soak in Iso for 24+ hours...

Am I compeltely stupid. The liquid I have is thick and green

uh, guess I am completely stupid, thanks Hick. Next time wont let soak for so long... and I guess I shouldnt smoke the green goop huh?

I have seen it soaked 2-3 weeks, it's still smokable, just has alot of the stuff you really dont need in hash oil ;) Quick Wash ISO is the way to go for sure :hubba:

Here are some pics of some ISO we made over the weekend. The quicker the wash the better your ISO will be. We only shook it in the alcohol for about 20 seconds then dumped it. When you do this you'll get a nice golden color to your ISO. :hubba:

100_3909.jpg

100_3914.jpg

100_3917.jpg

what about using the 99% ISO? i bought some yesterday at the local grocery store.

We use 91%. Never seen 99% before but yes that will work. ;)

i tried findin 99% too but couldnt find none no where round here just 91% the strongest i can get and it seems to evap under a fan only in just round four hours give or take for me on a normal size dinner plate.

dang TBG,THAT IS THE BOMB.I JUST MADE MY 1ST BATCH AND WALKED IT DOWN.NOW IT HAS KICKED MY ARSE,LOL GOTTA love it.thanks my bros

i bought the 99% at meijers grocery store in the pharmacy section.

I got 99% iso at meijer store too!...

Trying my first batch tonight... used dehydrator to really dry trim and stems off a female I harvested buds from... read all thru this post and trying a 2 minute soak and strain! Crossing my fingers...
wish me luck...

Ok, all went well so far except that a little shake got out while sifting thru coffee filters, I plugged my dehydrator in, cranked it on highest setting, put plate on one side of it and fan on opposite side to blow warm air over plate to dry faster and seems to be working. I got a light green tinge so far, but not totally evaporated. Not as green as some of other posts but not the brownish color I have seen? The trim and stems were not only dried with harvested buds, but I also dehydrated them to make sure they were really dry? Anyway... so far so good I suppose. Even after plate dries I will leave for a couple of days to make sure all is evaporated!

Great post and something new for this old smoker!

Dried a tannish color and after using one razor blade to scrape, and one razor blade to scrape my scrapin's onto I got a decent size ball of tannish black gooey oily substance about the size of half a pencil eraser, I put some kind into a hitter, then put a tad of it on, then more kind and nice buzz! The little bit I used to try this expirament made alot more than I thought (of course the plant trim and stem I used for test batch produced some really killer buds and I am sure that helps)!

Brothersgrunt, you have lotsa good advice and now I am not throwing out all the trim I normally wouldve composted for my garden... I like good compost but if I can fully utilize even more of the plant... kudo's

I have made hash with trim before but usually such a process to go through I havent much bothered in recent years. This is easy way to be as "green" as possible and use most of my plants to fullest!

I will def start keeping all the good trim in a jar in future and only compost stalks and large stems from here on out, I would recommend the warm fan dry method I used blowing air across a dehydrator as it seemed to dry even faster than I expected, used 99% ISO too (would think that would help also). Dried about an hour, but batch was real small and only covered glass plate 1/8 an inch or so when strained.

How do you go about g3etting it off the plate? I have trouble as it is very thin and very dry

Zukas said:
How do you go about g3etting it off the plate? I have trouble as it is very thin and very dry
razorbalde. i find the rectangle ones work best the ones in the old school shavin razorswit replaceable blades. verses the blades u use in them utility knifes.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Here are some pics of some ISO we made over the weekend. The quicker the wash the better your ISO will be. We only shook it in the alcohol for about 20 seconds then dumped it. When you do this you'll get a nice golden color to your ISO. :hubba:

TBG in them pix of ya qwiso u made... i make it often and its always a light golden color on plate but when i scrape it its in a black ball like.
is it cuz the weed i use is the nasty commercial brick maybe?
the iso in them pix looks really dry consistency. how long u let urs dry/evap until u start scrapin the plate?

Word. mine is goopier than that, it seems to 'melt' a little while I let it sit

Whats up zipflip. After we scrape it off the plate it's a nice golden color. We then roll it up in a small ball. At this point it still has some of the gold color. The following day however the color starts to change from gold to brownish black. We usually let it sit under a fan on high for about 4 or 5 hours give or take. ;)
zipflip said:
TBG in them pix of ya qwiso u made... i make it often and its always a light golden color on plate but when i scrape it its in a black ball like.
is it cuz the weed i use is the nasty commercial brick maybe?
the iso in them pix looks really dry consistency. how long u let urs dry/evap until u start scrapin the plate?

Latest posts

Back