Just makingsure I got this correct

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billyinse said:
I have an adjustable lamp that uses a 250w infared light would I be able to just throw an mh / hps bulb in that and build a reflector?

No you cannot put a mh in the infared light. MH and hps lights take a special ballast. A mh takes a mh magnetic coil ballast/electronic digital ballast and a hps takes hps magnetic coil ballast/electronic digital ballast. These are not interchangeable except for some electronic digital ballast.

Billyinse said:
I have an adjustable lamp that uses a 250w infared light would I be able to just throw an mh / hps bulb in that and build a reflector?

NO!

Well thanks .... as far as a safety thread. Okay, but most of this stuff is simple thinking ( common sense?). That's why when i see someone having an issue i try to throw things up to keep everybody safe. Also is the fact that you "euro" peeps have a diff operating electrical system than us in the USA.
But, I'll keep an eye out for anyone that needs some advise.

*also , another factor is the type of wire used (copper vs Alum) and the size of wire to be used. I wish I had x-ray vision i could do more....lol

Latest posts

Back