Just Starting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bc bud

Reaction score
im just starting a 2 lighter and i got 2 4/4 planters how many babys should i put in to as where they will grow nicely the more the better but i dont want nothing bad to happen.

give me what ever siggestion u can give me to improve room because i have not put dirt in yet i just have all set up.
8/6 room 2 4/4/8 planters right now i just have a couple of tester bulbs in there a 1000w and a 400w what type of bulbs do u suggest aswel and its in my garage and kinda cold?

thx

i have a fish could i mix some of that into if i crush it up or somthing sorry for all the questions

Dimensions are generally written L x W x H. I don't understand your planters--are you saying you want to use planters that are 4 ft long x 4 ft wide x 8 ft high? Is your room dimension 6' long x 8' wide? What is the height?

Do you have complete light set-ups (ballast, reflectors, sockets, cords?) or just bulbs? What kind are they? What is your ventilation set up?

I think you need to do alot of reading first. We can't type out a whole grow for you. Do alot of reading on MJ, and grow room schematics, and get the general info out of the way. Then if you have some more specific questions maybe come back and ask. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but it sounds like you need to cover the basics first. Good Luck to ya!

BC bud,

This is going to come a cross as harsh and it probably is harsh, BUT my intent is to get your attention and save you a lot of time, money, heartache and misinformation. Just a few pieces of advice, please don't fall into the trap of asking the same question differently in more than 1 thread. If you start doing that you will get caught and you won't get the kind of helpful information you need. Just stick to one thread and if you don't think the people replying are understanding what you're asking try clarifying your question(s).

Doesn't this seem real familiar? "i have a new room the planters are 4/4/8 the room is about 8/6 and im not sure what type of bulbs to use or if i should mix my pro mix with some sort of compost i have a full fish hsould i mix it with that? and how many babys should i put in one planter i was told 30.
i wish ppl would answer faster
" and that was posted less than 2 hours after you started this thread. Do you really think that people have nothing to do on a Sunday night than to immediately answer your questions? Patience is definitely a virtue here on the forums.

You still haven't provided the basic information we asked for in both threads.

We can not answer your request for what kind of bulbs you should use until you tell us what kind you HAVE available. The darn size is nearly irrelevant without knowing what kind they are.

Man, I'm sorry that this is coming out harsh, but if we are going to be able to help you and not just shoot in the dark, you have to do your part too. Like legalize freedom said -- you need to start over and read the stickys in the forum, read other people's questions and the answers they got. 99% of your questions are readily available right now in the first 2 pages of threads on 3 sections, Grow Room and Design, Lights and this section.

I want you to be successful in learning to grow MJ
, as I'm sure everyone else here does too, but you have to do your part too because we sure can't grow it for you through the Internet.

Before you even start, you need to get a general idea what MJ needs to grow and then start asking questions to figure out how to give it those things. You have to know enough to know how to ask your questions. For example, just what the heck does "its in my garage and kinda cold?" mean? I'm in NW Washington state and right now the outside temp is 37F, another of the readers is on the North slope of Alaska where the temp is 10F, if not way colder than that, and we have readers on the equator where cold is anything under 65F. During the Summer time our outside temps run from the high 80Fs to over 100F.

A 1000watt and 600 watt light -- of what kind? Candles in a hurricane lamp, MH, HPS, Mercury Vapor, Incandescent, LED or what? (Yes I'm exaggerating to make a point)

Do you see our problem?

Get it together man and you will become a killer grower because you aren't afraid to ask questions!

First read enough to kind of have an idea what you want to do and how you want to do it, then get an idea of what that is going to take and only then start asking specific questions and be willing to give us detailed information to work with.

If you need pointed to resources other than just telling you to read the stickys and other threads, I have a couple of good resources that I can guide you toward, if you will just ask. They are not the only ones, and in fact may not even be the best ones, but they saved me a whole lot of time and embarrassment when I stumbled onto the forum here.If I had of found the forum BEFORE I studied these different sources and found some real life mentors too, I'd have been a whole lot worse off than you are now, so please don't go away, just do your home work and then ask for clarification. I ALSO DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOU MAKE SOME OF THE MISTAKES I HAVE MADE AND SEEN OTHERS MAKE DUE TO NOT KNOWING WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR WHAT TO ASK.

While you're studying --- and you need to study not just read because your plants will be completely dependent on you to take care of them -- pay as much attention to what NOT to do as to what to do. Learning from our mistakes is even more important than learning from our successes.

Great smoking! Hang in there man -- you have great potential!

Edited for clarity and grammar by DonJones

IRISH said:
glad y'all are handling these...lol...lol...

wow man-what a butt-rippin' !!!

I think Don was a DI :rofl: and still is..lol..lol..JK

:rofl:

:)

Gb

Mighta, shoulda been but you know what, if it wasn't for those hard nosed DIs/TIs there would have been a heck of a lot more dead and wounded in every conflict and a lot more accidental injuries too.

I hated basic and tech schools too , but later I was glad they were such jerks. They sure saved my tail a lot of times with the things they taught me and like it or not, they sure were effective of making sure I learn it and RETAINED it. There is only one of my TIs (that is what the AF called them) that I didn't wish I could thank later, and that was because he was drunk abusive SOB and he didn't even make it through his practical/student/probationary period, before they washed him out. In fact the rumor was, starting from the First Sergeant down, that they not only washed him out of TI duty but discharged him too.

So comparing me to a DI/TI is a compliment in my book. Thank you.

I REALIZE THAT YOUR COMPARISON WAS NOT MEANT AS A PUT DOWN, BUT MY RESPONSE WAS TO STEREOTYPE OF DIS IN GENERAL BECAUSE SO MANY VETS CLASSIFY DIS AS ONE OF THE LOWEST LIFEFORMS KNOWN TO MAN, EVEN WHEN THE IDIOTS MISSCLASSIFYING THEM WOULD BE DEAD TODAY WITHOUT WHAT THE DI BEAT INTO THE RECRUIT'S THICK EMPTY HEAD!

DonJones said:
So comparing me to a DI/TI is a compliment in my book. Thank you.

I'm still laughing about this-I even searched for this thread because I could'nt remember which forum it was on.

It just gave me that impression.
I try not to fall into the "Vortex" of stereotyping-Those guys all do what they have to do.
I've never had the pleasure of being in the military and having a DI/TI, and it was'nt meant to be condescending in any way.
:)
Gb

Latest posts

Back