keeping it dark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemp319

Reaction score
I understand that the plants need total darkness during flowering period. However, if i seal every crack of light how am i to get all those cords out from the closet to the outlet?? Is alittle light leak ok??

any lumens (light) it will look for... so it will stall you, maybe a lot... just grab some black duck tape... always works!

hey if you dont have a roll of duct tape, just block it off from the inside with a towel or something ;) go inside yer grow room (if there's enough room) turn the lights out, and look to see if there is any seepage from anywhere else.
3M Makes a wide variety of adhesive strips, like insulation for your door (weatherstripping) That will help too...

stuff some socks or insulation or a towel or something in the cracks.

you can also get that MONO brand foam sealant for tubs and plumping... it will fill up those holes good an proper... kind of ugly, and dont get any on your girls, but will fill the cracks for sure!

curiouscat420 said:
you can also get that MONO brand foam sealant for tubs and plumping... it will fill up those holes good an proper... kind of ugly, and dont get any on your girls, but will fill the cracks for sure!
the foam will work the best it will get into every crack and seal it just go back when it dries and trim off the excess so it doesnt look hacked:hubba:

Hemp, I too must run my cords under the door when I close it. I have weather stripping around all the edges. For the crack at the bottom of the door I place a couple of towels. At night when I'm finished going in and out of the room where the closet is located, I have the door wide open so that when the light turns on the door is already open. Then I close the door to the room where the closet is and I keep light out by using a heavy black plastic. I use Velcro to adhere the plastic to the wall around the door. Then, for added security I place a couple towels at the bottom of the door.

yes, it will bot totally prevent the flowering to happen, but it will be less productive and could take longer...

just from what i have read...

curiouscat420 said:
yes, it will bot totally prevent the flowering to happen, but it will be less productive and could take longer...

just from what i have read...
I don't think light leaks make it take longer for them to grow, unless its like a huge leak that makes it think its waking up when its supposed to be sleeping. Hermying is the major thing leaks lead to.

Lol imo....i am just going to turn my lights off wen it is dark outside and i'm going to bed. Normally sleeping 12 hrs in a day would be hard haha

_Sir Smokes Alot_ said:
Lol imo....i am just going to turn my lights off wen it is dark outside and i'm going to bed. Normally sleeping 12 hrs in a day would be hard haha

haha yeah but MJ must be burnt out being so weedy so ya never know.

This is may look bad but buy a roll of contractor(thick)black trash bags,lay them out .Tape them together and hang over the outside(or inside)of your closet door.Roll it up 4 easy access,to let the air flow.Unroll it at night.It may not look the best,but either do seeds

INTHEDES said:
This is may look bad but buy a roll of contractor(thick)black trash bags,lay them out .Tape them together and hang over the outside(or inside)of your closet door.Roll it up 4 easy access,to let the air flow.Unroll it at night.It may not look the best,but either do seeds

Why spend the money on a box of contractor bags ($20) instead of a roll of 3mill 10x20 black plastic at Wal-Mart for 9 bucks...and no taping involved! Just cut to the desired width and length and presto! Insto curtain..... I actually had to build my room in my basement with this said plastic ....it works like a charm if you seal all the gaps heheh

Thats y were here,to spread ideas around.I did not know of such a cheap "THICK" ROLL...WOULD OF FRAMED THIS OUT AND SAVED A GRIP....INSTEAD PAID TOOOOO MUCH FOR THIS TENT.Although it is bigger than some houses in third world counties...lol....Gotta love it

I'm currently flowering in a 3'X4' homemade wooden grow box. I have made some holes in the box, to facilitate cords and air flow. For the hole for the cords, after the cords were run thru, I simply stuffed a plastic shopping bag into the remaining space. For the venting holes I added a piece of black cloth, velcroed in place. The doors are outlined with foam tape because they don't sit right and were allowing alot of light in. There is some light leakage, but not alot, I've never had a hermi in 3 yrs. of growth.

Peace...j.b.

I ended up running running my wires through cpvc (or pvc), terminating and originating with elbows. No, the plug will not fit through it, I wired nutted the plug to the wires outside the grow space.

Latest posts

Back