Keeping Pollen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la9

Reaction score
Is there a way to save pollen longer than 30 days ? It just turns to mold for me, I've heard you can freeze it.

Any ideas let me know.

if it molds, it has collected moisture. Moisture is pollens enemy. Try putting a few grains of rice or a desicant package in an airtight vile with your collected pollen. "I" have even add approximately 50% flour. It "stretches" the supply, and helps keep it "DRY".
Then you can freeze it. But it will only remain viable for a single defrosting. So if you want to use it multiple times, store it in multiple packages ;)

I do the same as Hick. Rice, flour, airtight container and into the fridge.

Hick said:
if it molds, it has collected moisture. Moisture is pollens enemy. Try putting a few grains of rice or a desicant package in an airtight vile with your collected pollen. "I" have even add approximately 50% flour. It "stretches" the supply, and helps keep it "DRY".
Then you can freeze it. But it will only remain viable for a single defrosting. So if you want to use it multiple times, store it in multiple packages ;)

I saw some rice flour at the store the other day.Wandered if it would work.Kinda kill 2 birds with one stone.

Latest posts

Back