kinda excited

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

city

Reaction score
Well I'm kinda excited. Drove down an alley the other day after doing a job..looked in the back yard of this old folks house and seen a Dutchmen tent trailer.
Now ihave been wanting one for a while,just noone wants to get rid of them till they are dead.
Well I knocked on the door. The old ladie wanted out of her yard but it was her sons in jail.
I left my number and offered to take it if her son was willing to get rid of it.
Well I heard from her the other day. She got the title and wants 400 bucks. Well hell I'm losing the house. Why the hell not....
Well found out that the cable has snapped and you can't get it up. Called around got quotes for 700 to a thousand to fix it.. got ahold of Goshen stamping who makes the parts
90 bucks after shipping for everything I need. Found a guy that works for an RV company that knows how to recable tent trailers. 200 buck.
Well holy hell thing works like a champ.. the inside looks almost new.
Guess the guy he baught it from used it a couple times and wanted it gone since he was too old to use it any more. The son had drove it over a stump and tore the master sleeve for the cables. Then tried to get the shell up which in turn broke the main cable. So it hasn't been opened for almost 10 years.
I will try to get a pic up later but if you want to see what it looks like Google
Dutchmen 1001xs tent trailer pic.
Total investment on my part under 700 value of the trailer 4500. Feel like I made out like a bandit.

ya thats a pretty sweet find. its good that you were able to find all the parts needed to repair it. alot of things like that they make it cheaper to replace the whole thing than to buy parts.. hope you enjoy it.

Hell, ya can get a travel trailer in Florida for that much.;)

Ya know I was thinking about trying to find a Katrina trailer just to see how cheap I could get one and fix it up

haha i googled Dutchmen 1001xs tent trailer pic. and a link to this thread was the first response :rofl:

city said:
Ya know I was thinking about trying to find a Katrina trailer just to see how cheap I could get one and fix it up

Dont do it Bro,,they were threw together. They have water and sewer leaks,, and high concentrations of Formaldahyde. Maked alot of PPL sick.

Is that the same thing as a pop up camper? If so we have one as well. I dont know what we're thinking though, our expensive automobiles out on the driveway and the cheap camper gathering dust safely in the garage...lol.

Enjoy your nice find. :D

Yup its a pop up. I found a guy with an 80's that had only been used 5 times. Looked brand new. He wanted 1500 for it. Now I got one better for less.lol
Now I have to figure out how to use it properly.
My wife still has no idea I baught it. Not one bit..
She keeps telling me she wants to go camping. And everytime we go fishing she always tells me where a good camping spot would be. Hope she will like it

My wife still has no idea I baught it. Not one bit..
She keeps telling me she wants to go camping. And everytime we go fishing she always tells me where a good camping spot would be. Hope she will like it

:guitar: I wanna sing you a little song called ""Yer Wife Is Gonna Kick Yer ***"" It goes something like this :hitchair:

And if you were smart,,you would tell her the truth,, and then do this:bolt:

Well I set the tent trailer up infront of the house in all its 15 years of glory. The wife came home and about crapped.
She likes it though. So.I think we are in the clear for now

city said:
Well I set the tent trailer up infront of the house in all its 15 years of glory. The wife came home and about crapped.
She likes it though. So.I think we are in the clear for now

Dang it,,I wanted ta see ya get yer butt kicked.:D Just kidden. Good Camping Bro.

happy trails city. :)

dont forget the bug spray and snake bite kit. :D

The camper place wanted a grand to do all this work. Found a guy 2 recable for 200. Need to fix the running lights and clean the furnace out(ignitor is dirty) and rekey the locks then all is good. Thank you all for hoping I get my butt wooped lol

Latest posts

Back