Knowing what strain you have

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moneyman

Reaction score
Is there anyway of knowing what strain you have? By the seeds or after you grow it?
I started some seeds and the seedlings were purple on the stem and under the true leaves.

Not unless you bought them and know what they are. There is no way to look at a plant and tell what strain it is.

No there is no way.. if they grow big and strong and you like the plants, then give it a name and clone it.

That was gonna be a question of mine eventually too. I am growing bagseeds so I have NO IDEA what kind of pot I'm growing. It's gonna be a mix of all kinds of different things I'm sure. Can you look at the plant and tell the difference between Sativa/Indica if not what the strain or breed or whatever is?

Hmm... interesting. I will research.

~Metalchick

Sativa-long, skinny leaves. Indica-short, fat leaves.

I orderd a mixed bag of 10 seeds from the Nirvana Seed bank. Skunk#1 Afgan, PPP, Nirvana Special and White Widow. When my seeds arived they came in a bag that said MIXED SEEDS. GREAT now how am i going to clone thease plants and know what strain they are. It just defeated my whole purpose of getting a mixed bag of seeds. It kinda sucks NIRVANA lable the darn seeds for god sake.

Phew its anoying.

If you ordered them separately, you would have received them in separate bags clearly marked.

When you order mixed seeds, they give you a break on price because they don't have to bag each seed. Next time, order them as separate strains and you'll get them in individual bags clearly marked. I order from them all the time.

Latest posts

Back