LA Confidential and Purple Wreck Update..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
LA Confidenital is on its first week of flower, purple wreck just completed wk 2..
I had 7 pw, 4 males and 3 females.. I kept the best males and there were three different phenos of females..
I had 4 LA Cons and 3 ended up being males and 1 spectacular female that was smoking the males.. I kept the best male too :). Of course all males are separate.
Ive got rooted clones of all these ladies.. I plan to make some purple confidential very soon :)

PIC 1: all the girls beside the 1200 watts of hps..
PIC 2: la con
PIC 3: la con
PIC 4: purple wreck girls
PIC 5: pw 1
PIC 6: pw2
PIC 7: pw3

001.JPG

lacon.jpg

lacon2.jpg

pw.jpg

pw1.jpg

pw2.jpg

pw3.jpg

Nice. So no over head hooded light? Just the vertical cooltubes? Interesting. I do the same, no cool tubes though. I would be interested to see a side by side grow of hooded over head lighting vs vertical bulbs hanging 12" from plant like my AK. Wonder if one or the other would dominate, or would it be close? Hmm

vert is the way to go provided you have enough light which my friend i dont think you have. for 4 plants you should have 5 lights imo. x=plant o=light. in my opinion you should @ least be running those lights individually & not on top of eachother. looks dark in room.
oxo
xox
oxo

To each his own. That's 1200 waTts of hps. The plants r just beginning to stretch.. I and many others think this is a killer setup. Thx

To each his own. That's 1200 waTts of hps. The plants r just beginning to stretch.. I and many others think this is a killer setup. Thx

looking good so far relentless... have to state the obvious here with the verts...lighting the underside of your plants leaves will dry them out quick, and hinder thier food uptake...photosynthesis occurs when the lights hit the top of the fans. your bound to run into a problem here bud...you may want to rethink this type of set up...

whats your research telling you?...only trying to help out man...believe me relentless, this has been tried before...

what type of bulbs are those? i have to agree with doc, looks like your losing alot of lumens here...

hey, it's your dime friend...

Ya, dont get me wrong, I appreciate all advice..
My research has been based from verticalgreen . org and mjp, which has a section dedicated exclusively to vertical grows..

I think the other picture is diceiving. I took another picture straight on so you all can see.. The lower bulb is right beside the plants and the upper bulb is above..
Temp never gets above 75 with the 1200watts in the 4.6x4.6x6.6 tent and the plants are swelling ever since I put them beside the lights..

Many people on the other vert forums are running two 1000s, or 3 600s.. All stacked ontop of each other.. Some are of course doing different circles..

The only place thats dark in the tent is behind the plants because the plants are of course blocking the light..

Right now Im still finding my mothers but my eventual plan is to do a shelving unit on each wall, where there will be 3 shelves..

As the plants stretch, I will lower the plants/raise the lights, so the bottom light will be right in the middle of the plant and the upper light will be right above the canopy.
btw the 3 pw girls just completed wk 2 of flower and the 1 la completed first week of flower..
My last couple of grows have been horizontal flat grows, and I can really tell a difference with the lights vertical.. they are swelling so much faster.. I did actually do one vert grow, with 1 600 beside 13 reveg clones(no veg) and they are drying right now.. but absolutely no popcorn buds and the buds are of much higher quality.

IMG_5206.JPG

btw, i still have my two easy cool 6 hoods, so if the vert doesnt perform the way I like I can always go back to horizontal, but I dont forsee that happening.. maybe I should just lower the plants a little..

I dunno guys...

What's it hurt to give it a go and I've never done vert but I dont see how you can go wrong with more available light to more bud surface... I think you're gonna get not only a great yield per plant but keeping more of your buds closer to the light should give you more fully mature bud. I'm sure you rotate your plants regularly... FUN stuff! I really look forward to seeing how this develops...:eek:

Peace!:cool:

thanks bro.

all plants are about 6" away from the cooltubes.. I spin the plants daily and rotate them to different positions every watering.

docfishwrinkle said:
vert is the way to go provided you have enough light which my friend i dont think you have. for 4 plants you should have 5 lights imo. x=plant o=light. in my opinion you should @ least be running those lights individually & not on top of eachother. looks dark in room.
oxo
xox
oxo

Hi Doc...

I don't get it...:confused: for 4 plants 5 lights? 1.25 lights per plant? yikes... As long as you rotate you plant like R999 does all surfaces of the plant will get adequate light... I'm sure the pics are deceiving Doc... To even get a pic of the tent I'd think the camera's exposure time had to really reduced, making it seem dark... but HOW can it be? :p

Here's the pic overexposed... you can see that the light is really penetrating throughout the canopy... and the only really dark leaves in the shade are those on the far side of the plant but it's interesting what you can see from this exaggerated view.

Peace!

glowtent.jpg

I don't rotate. Just posted week 8 pics. There very heavy, 8-12" from bulb hanging halfway down the plant. I know upward bound light is not good, but I've had zero stress from it. I ha to add 2nd and 3rd stakes. So I know it works, hood or no hood. My fam is gonna be very happy.

I think this is interesting...I to have read that vert light is not as efficient as horizontal....and we can all see from Novellchefs grow, that this idea works. I'm interested to see the final outcome for you Relentless. This is the beauty of growing, whatever works for you...tweaking the "norm" to see if you can improve is what its all about. If people didn't try new ideas we would still all be growing outdoors. Good Luck to you Relentless, and they do look nice!

this is pretty sweet relentless... I dig the setup and am rooting for ya on this one!!!

im not disagreeing w/ vert lighting it just doesnt seem as efficient as if you were to hang those lights seperately but still vert. to each his own. DOS yes if you go look @ ppl who are running according to the x & o diagram i showed then you are able to pull at least a lb once you get dialed in. check out thc farmer. one guy growing vert in dwc pulled 42.5 lbs in 10 buckets! pics to prove. absolutely amazing.

Latest posts

Back