Landlord says No to growing Outside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Ok after I renew my doc Reg. papers and got my wifey hers and she say you want to grow outside you can now as long as there a clear cover to help block the unwanted site seers flying around..
My landlord is a MJ smoker and not a reg. type either but loves to get stone, so anyway I told him about getting our MMJ Reg. and his wife mention to me if I was going to grow outside and I Oh Yea because of the free lite and wammo he said NO growing outside because don't want to looose his property over growing even if he told them that he didn't know I was growing..

Question is
How protected is he if I grow as I am Legal.?
If he get his MMJ Reg from the Doc. will he loose his property in anyway from growing.?

Is there any site to check out...

100% protected.

My former OD spot was in a downtown area, three blocks from a police station, underneath a major flight traffic path....commonly used by Gehtto Birds (LOE Choppers).

...also, local PD would use the alleyway as a shortcut, literally 10 feet from my OD monsters. 6 of them, all over 6' tall.

All 100% legal. To the point a local pd seargent, whom I called to file a report, commented that my plants were "The finest I have seen, those buds look amazing"...not 10 seconds later he stuffed his nose into one and took a HUGE smell. Guarantee he reeked of bud for a while after that.

All 100% legal. Tell your landlord he is fine.

you could have 100 plants there and still get a small slap on the wrist. If that.

I don't really thinks it makes much different if you are legal or not if the landlord says no growing.

Maybe the landlord does not want to take the chance that a legal card holder that is growing goes over the amount that is legal to grow. IDK but that would be my concern

If the landlord isn't cool with the idea of growing on his property,

I suspect there is little that you or anything in writing or anything short of a uniformed police officer or lawyer maybe telling him it was cool.....

maybe you could spring a couple of bucks to talk to a local lawyer and maybe have him/her talk to your landlord directly......

Or, offer to share the bounty come harvest time with the landlord?

Scenario ...

Hey man I'm legal so I can grow on your land.

No growing on my land.

End of story.

Its his call.

:peace:

Whoa guy's..you got to remember we are close but not there yet. It may be legal by state but if anybody wanted to be a horses rear end about it, it's still 100% illegal federal. Things are working towards our goal and we have made some huge step in recent events but fact is on a federal level cannabis is still classified along with more dangerous drugs. Untill the laws change i would respect your home owners wishes and maybe sit down and talk to him about a stealth grow and if you have one talk about possibly expanding it. Whatever you do be safe and GL.

He says No and I can't go against his word and if he scared that he going to loose his land then so be it, I'll grow inside and be done with it for now.
maybe things will change..
Yea he smokes with me all the time and always give him weed to enjoy at home with his lady..
I'll look around on the net and ask questions at the Dispensary..

ok, so obviously i don't pay much attention but ummm...how is marijuana legal in any US state again? i didnt know it was legal AT ALL????? oh please inform me lol :)

mrkingford could help with the legalities if your at all wanting to consult legal counsel

Resa said:
ok, so obviously i don't pay much attention but ummm...how is marijuana legal in any US state again? i didnt know it was legal AT ALL????? oh please inform me lol :)

:)

Resa said:

Since 1996, thirteen states have legalized medical marijuana use: AK, CA, CO, HI, ME, MI, MT, NV, NM, OR, RI, VT, and WA. Eight of the thirteen did so through the initiative process. Hawaii's law was enacted by the legislature and signed by the governor in 2000, Vermont's was enacted by the legislature and passed into law without the governor's signature in May 2004, Rhode Island's was passed into law over the governor's veto in January 2006, and New Mexico's legislation was signed into law by Governor Bill Richardson on April 2, 2007. in these states doctors issue perscription cards for patients with certain illnesses , those patients and those patients alone are legal to smoke and grow marijuanna , but the federal govornment still consider marijuanna illegal and a schedule 1 drug .

Straight up, the Landlord CANNOT stop you from growing herb in your rented property, as it is legally your residence. As long as you are following county/Dr. Rec limits, it is legal to any CALI police officer, from State police to Local PD.

But, commen sense dictates he can kick you out and rent to someone else. So, really, if he dont want you to grow, you prob shouldn't, cause he could take other actions to evict you.

I know a number of folks who have went thru the same thing, and either you can "grease" the landlord, or you can't. If you can't, then he can cause other headaches for you, like evicting you in August, right before harvest....

Depending on the lease agreement the landlord can do anything he wants. If I was in a mj friendly state I would be sure to have that in the contract. I would not want to lose my property to some grower who is a over the legal amount to grow. Before signing the lease agreement read it well is all I can say. My lease agreements states that eviction could be the result of any drug activities. Their is a big difference in rental property, lease to own, and land contract as to what the laws will do and will not do.

NorCalHal said:
Straight up, the Landlord CANNOT stop you from growing herb in your rented property, as it is legally your residence. As long as you are following county/Dr. Rec limits, it is legal to any CALI police officer, from State police to Local PD.

But, commen sense dictates he can kick you out and rent to someone else. So, really, if he dont want you to grow, you prob shouldn't, cause he could take other actions to evict you.

I know a number of folks who have went thru the same thing, and either you can "grease" the landlord, or you can't. If you can't, then he can cause other headaches for you, like evicting you in August, right before harvest....

You are so very right Norcal, But I can grow inside without any problem, that what land lord would like to see me do, keep it Inside..! He won't evict us we been to good to him..
I was told by a dispensary the other day that I can grow outside as long as I have a some type of wire fence around it and have a it on top tooo as long as NO Kids can get into it from the sides or top, I had to laugh at the guy for telling me that.! Wire Cutters or bolt cutters will do the job I told him..
Really some one see someone growing and there a fence around it then it would be call Breaking and entering if a Kid or anyone breaks into the fence off yard and this was told by the chief of police because of all the Legal MMJ grower that are popping up in the city and county and the cops haven't arrested anybody because of there 16 foot Pot Plant that was whacked off half way..
This dispensary also told me if a MMJ Grower has his MJ all fenced off real good then if some one breaks in and loose there crop then the home owner can claim it on there insurance.. Now this is going to raise our insurance rates up in the Long Run.. OUCH Home Owner...!!!:eek:
Think twice about it turning it over to the insurance..

pcduck. My lease agreements states that eviction could be the result of any drug activities. .[/quote said:
No where on my rental contract does it say No Drug activities or
growing MJ.:hubba: That was 9 yr ago.:rolleyes: He know I smoked from the gettin go and I got him back to smokin because he loved that smell when he came into my house and I guess it got the best of him.;) He is a Happy Smoker But but he can't think straight or keep one project going when it was easy to do first, he can get lost looking at the ground...:holysheep: Now I don't smoke as much with him because of this side effect he can't control....

The Effen Gee said:
All 100% legal. To the point a local pd seargent, whom I called to file a report, commented that my plants were "The finest I have seen, those buds look amazing"...not 10 seconds later he stuffed his nose into one and took a HUGE smell. Guarantee he reeked of bud for a while after that.
:cop:=:bong:=:headbang2::headbang2::yay::yay::48:

that's awesome dude!!!

My landlord is going to get his card on Jan 9, so if he gets his, then it must be Ok for growing outside.!.? He wants to grow at his house so would it be wrong to grow at my house after he says NO.?

I have been given a canopy cover for a motor home and now I have set it up to be 8x10x12H and going to Fence it all off and put fencing wire on top so No One will brake into it..:rofl: This is what the cops around here say's to the dispensary.:rofl: If Some knows your am growing they will go to long links to get your plants.;)

I grow in one of those RV cover things, a bigger one but that is what I use. Keeping deer out, not kids.

My county is considering making new county regs on growing.....
The landlord must be notified, and his permission posted, is some of the new regs they are still talking about, that one is prolly gonna pass. For rental property only. Weather growing inside or out. This county is rolling around ideas about county ordinances...... they got one idea, if you grow and are not legal you can be fined......I thot that was funny, along with going to jail, they gonna fine you.

Good luck Flying..hope it works out for you.

tcbud said:
I grow in one of those RV cover things, a bigger one but that is what I use. Keeping deer out, not kids.

My county is considering making new county regs on growing.....
The landlord must be notified, and his permission posted, is some of the new regs they are still talking about, that one is prolly gonna pass. For rental property only. Weather growing inside or out. This county is rolling around ideas about county ordinances...... they got one idea, if you grow and are not legal you can be fined......I thot that was funny, along with going to jail, they gonna fine you.

Good luck Flying..hope it works out for you.

The thing of it is TcBud is that we are both going to be legal as of jan 9 and I already have my MMJ papers to smoke and grow for 2 months now and this is my 2 recommendation.
He told me No a few months ago about growing outside and since he is getting his MMJ card and he going to grow at his house does that mean I am still NOT Allowed to grow outside if he can.?
I know that this his property and all, but if he legal and he grow
why can't I.?

Latest posts

Back