largest tomato competition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bud.uncle said:
4u2

superb

well done m8

has hippy been givin u tips?:rolleyes:

I wish my friend...But the user manual doesnt go into each seting..I even called Sony and asked them what settng is best to Take pics of MJ...They said they will get back with me...but thanks for the good words

Puffin Afatty said:
UP here we cant even start, unless indoors or a greenhouse, before june and most importantly, my OldLady says I am to stay the heck out of her garden :angrywife:

However, I found 4 tiny seedlings abandoned by the composter and put em here by the patio. The OldLady doesnt like it much, kinda like its competition with Her garden or something, and it takes up some of Her lawn :hubba:

In the background is Puffin's punkin patch. Unknow strains of pumpkins, goards, squash, watermellon, cantalope, etc. I just throw all kinds of seeds back here and they grow, cross breed and end up being food for the deer. I like to watch em cover the yard, that much less I have to cut.

the two on the left are tomatoes and the two on the right are peppers. they are just 23 days old today, notice a couple flowers on all, and peppers on the plant left. :) As fast as the they are growing, I'll be eating them before september I'd say, but I dont really get much chance to garden with the OldLadys prohibitions eh, and have little experience with garden veggies ;)

hey thanks for playN Puff..those look great..keep us posted

Well friends, the garden is doing well in spite of the lack of sun lately. I had one heck of a time with cucumber beetles but that may be under control now. I will get some pictures taken tonight and upload tomorrow morning. I hope everyone's garden is doing well.

bud.uncle said:
they look just great

mine are not even showin any sign of changing colour yet

"green fried tomatoes"

any1?

Me too, LOL I got one harvested and it was just a cherry tomato but I have a ton of green ones. My broccoli I have harvested about 5 times already but the tomatos are a bit slower.

Hey folks! No tomatoes for me yet... I did get a chance to speak with someone who holds the number 3 spot in the world for largest pumpkin last week though! He grows everything organically and foliar feeds with his own, full strength teas... That is the biggest part of growing big he says. The rest is a secret. ;) haha. Either way, I am going to be making some teas and we'll see how my tomates react!

Looks good so far everyone!

DLtoker said:
Hey folks! No tomatoes for me yet... I did get a chance to speak with someone who holds the number 3 spot in the world for largest pumpkin last week though! He grows everything organically and foliar feeds with his own, full strength teas... That is the biggest part of growing big he says. The rest is a secret. ;) haha. Either way, I am going to be making some teas and we'll see how my tomates react!

Looks good so far everyone!

I make teas all the time but never foliar fed with them....hmmm something new to try. But I am 100% organic and I love it, more work but I enjoy getting out there and working, so much for being a lazy pothead LOL. I also highly recommend FFs Peace of Mind series for top feeding, stuff works wonders IMO.

Man mine are puttin off more than I can handle...Ive been forcing tomatoes on everybody I know.. since my last post Ive moved the cuttings out of my veg cab(room for other things:) and they have more than tripled in size and are starting to bloom. I'll post pictures soon.

Hers my official unofficial entry:

Picture_405.jpg

okay sorry havent updated in a while..still no tomms on. she is gettN bushy.I do have a pumkn ready to open and it's in the right place too.Just need to hope a male flower pops up before hers:hubba: .I am feelng good about this pumkin..heres some shots. My pumkins always start out nitro burnt due to the secret mix..Tommato doesnt seem to mind it. but then explode with growth. another week and Im sure she will flower...thanks for looking..:)

4u2smoke said:
okay sorry havent updated in a while..still no tomms on. she is gettN bushy.I do have a pumkn ready to open and it's in the right place too.Just need to hope a male flower pops up before hers:hubba: .I am feelng good about this pumkin..heres some shots. My pumkins always start out nitro burnt due to the secret mix..Tommato doesnt seem to mind it. but then explode with growth. another week and Im sure she will flower...thanks for looking..:)

Great looking garden MR. Green Thumb..

and still no toms:holysheep: ..lots of flowers..another week these should pull a good LB each...and my pumkin will reach 600 lbs..just watch and learn:p ..had to put rebar in to help support the plant:hubba: Good luck

Hahah. TOA, that tom. is so small! ;) And everyone else, looking good so far... :ccc:

My Purple Calabash plants are massive this year. Like, largest tomato plants I have ever seen. Hopefully the fruit will resemble what I have seen so far. Pics tomorrow! :D

my dad just harvested some MONSTERS...if I wasnt an honest guy....I mean these things are huge, kinda seedy IMO but large..tasty though;)

Latest posts

Back