leaves curled under

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old blue

Reaction score
I'm in week 7 on my auto ak47xlowryder#2 plant and i've been at @1000ppm for the last few weeks with no problems. I change the water about every 2 weeks in the single 2 gal res dwc bucket. I changed the res last night and ph'd to 5.8 and continued at 1000ppm, but this morning all smaller bud leaves and some upper fan leaves are completely curled down like a horn. The only difference is, up til now, i used distilled water, and now i switched to tap water left out for 24hrs. i have another 10 gal res with 2 plants in it that ive been using the same tap water their whole life(8weeks old 12/12 from seed), with no problems. So i don't think the water is too bad. What's the best way to solve this problem?

Def not a heat issue. She's not even directly under my 400. My 2 big lstd babies are directly under it(and theyre healthy as can be), and my low is off to the side about a ft to the right, but still gets residual lighting. Like i said, everything was fine, until i changed the res last night. (same ppm, same ph, just went from distilled to tap) Should i change again tonight, and go back to distilled, or see if she's just shocked from the change in water, and rebounds? btw, with my others, i originally started with distilled in the 10gal res, but started topping off with tap, and now use 100% tap. Maybe that's why they're ok, they didn't go from one type, right to another type of water?

Perhaps switching the water was just too stressful to them. Plants dont like change. And some strains are more susceptible to illness. maybe try going back and see if they bounce back. good luck

is your fan blowing on the leaves that are curled.i had that issue from my blower.changed the blower and all is well.

Latest posts

Back