LED Gro light.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greendave

Reaction score
Found these on ebay, was just wondering if anyone had grown with them before? Hae a look and let me know please. If they are as easy and efficient as they claim why isn't everyone using them?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
225 LED Hydroponic Grow Light Panel.

Product Description

This light will accelerate the growth of your plants, plus it can save 50%-90% of your power bill!
It produces the perfect wavelength of light (red 465Nm & blue 650Nm) to promote quick, healthy plant growth.
There are 165 pcs of red led, 60pcs of Blue LED on each panel.

Advantages

It only produces the main types of light (red & blue) which plants need for healthy growth and better flowering.
Blue light can also be used in higher doses as a supplement light to stimulate the growth and greening.
It can save 50%-90% power when compared to other grow lights.
No ballasts, cooling fans or reflectors required.
LED lights can last up to 10years.
LED's are silent.

Dimensions

Chrome die-casting circuitry board
Blue light wave length: 465
Red light wave length: 650
LED QTY: Red: 160pcs Blue: 60pcs Total =165+60=225pcs
Working Voltage: 240V
Power: 13.8W
Size: 30.5 x 30.5cm

Hey greendave, to answer your question bluntly, they just don't do the job.
If you use the search function you'll find a few LED threads.

From what I've seen plants are straggly and produce very little bud. Get yourself a HPS. There's just no comparison.

greendave said:
Found these on ebay, was just wondering if anyone had grown with them before? Hae a look and let me know please. If they are as easy and efficient as they claim why isn't everyone using them?

LOL--I think that you answered your own question. They are not easy and they are not efficient and they are expensive. LED technology may get there one day, but they are not there now.

There was a thread recently on an LED grow. While the LEDs did produce some bud, it was a small amount--about 1/4 g per watt of light. LEDs also require much more micro management.

thanks, They make them sound so great it just seemed too good to true. lol. I'll stick to my MH and hopefully get a pair of smaller HPS soon.

Latest posts

Back