LED Lighting Growing Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CallMeAFool2

Reaction score
I started another thread in the LED Lights, but I had already had the plants going into flowering, so that was not a way to show. So I am starting this Journal to start from the beginning.

Products:

This is a 16 bay 2" net pot. It has a Fogger, Air Pump, Drip Hydroponics, 6 Sack Seeds and 4 Supposed Female Seeds from cannabisseeds with a too good to be true 96 seed special. Could not try for $69 bucks, but we all know you get what you pay for. These sack seeds are years old, so I hope I can get any type germination. There are 10 pots with see. Present Water is pH 6.0, no nutrients at this point One ALL BLUE 90W UFO LED Light supposed 462nm Spectrum Output.

When I use these, I normally supplement with two 325W Pioneer VI T5 mini tubes, but I have too much going with life right now, so I am going to only post LED USAGE and use only LED UFO for this complete grow.

Cheap to start, this is just a little $15 Clothes rack bought at Walmart to hold the Light, An old Piece of Mylar I just tossed on for the heck of it. I really believe in light reflection, those of you that use it, can attest to how under normal HPS, how shoots not in direct top light grow towards the mylar, especially in the corners.

So, here is the start, i will not update until I get shoots and move to some Nut's. Hope these old sack seeds, believe mexican crap is what they are, not sure. Presently on 24/0 on the lighting.

pppDSCF7222.jpg

pppDSCF7223.jpg

pppDSCF7224.jpg

this will be the first one i've seen with all blue leds

i will definately keep an eye on it

I apologize for the delay. The sack seeds and a few seeds from cannabisseeds.com never took. Before I blame anything, I do not run heat upstairs in the winter, the HPS needs no heat, so I added a small heater to this bathroom, tossed in some Fem good genetic beans, which i did not need to deal with and worry about, now I have to pay good attention at $9 a seed :) These have been under 24/0 all blue light for 4 days

Will update again in 6 or so days at 10 days

jsw_dscf7276.jpg

jsw_dscf7291.jpg

jsw_dscf7292.jpg

jsw_dscf7293.jpg

I could not wait until 10 days :) It should be no surprise how this 90W UFO LED ALL BLUE is doing. There is never much argument, even for those that say LEDs are not very good or there yet, agree, BLUE works.

pppDSCF7375.jpg

pppDSCF7376.jpg

pppDSCF7378.jpg

Was out a week, lost a family member. Still 24/0 All Blue. Thinking of cutting it back to 18/6

pppDSCF7436.jpg

pppDSCF7435.jpg

pppDSCF7434.jpg

Looks interesting, I'll be watching this one!

Looks interesting, I'll be watching this one.

sorry to here that. Been that type year so far lost three myself. Your plants look great

Like the setup man, and I always love an LED grow.

Hey, I know I've seen you do quite a bit with LEDs, so you might want to check out my signature. I'm trying to keep a thread in the Lighting section going with just LED facts. Posts can contain be both pros and cons on LEDs, as long as they're backed up with fact/experience. It would be great if you could throw down some of your LED knowledge there, as I know you've got quite a bit.

Anyways, I'll be watchin!

Well, they are growing like "Weeds" LOL. I am going to turn these right at 45 Days, have to count that up, I think about another 20 days or so but need to count back. I do such a terrible job of dates, strains and I just started. Bi Polar, it does effect concentration. Thank God for Calenders on the fridge.

One for the roses I am growing. Leave the UFO 90 on 6 hours a day

js640_DSCF7451.jpg

js640_DSCF7452.jpg

js640_DSCF7453.jpg

your first post on this thread was 1/15 ... so that would be 30 days.

Only if the first Seeds took Umbra. Sack seeds never took, very old, so I used better genetics for these...,,, Yes, I should of turned the light off to take photo's. Will do that next when I turn em.

Well, healthy and taking off, I have switched these on the 27th to 12/12. I might actually go 14 on 10 off with this new light I added. I vegged as you see above, with a standard UFO 90W, ALL BLUE LEDs. Well, light with most light, Vegging it just starting to get out of hand. So I believe we will see what happens when End of April comes around.

Moved to 8 new gallons of R/0 pH 5.5-5.7 and will check in 24 hours to see if the Nut's adversely lift it. Seems to me, the General Hydroponics Grow is pretty level, but for me with R/O water bloom seems to raise it a bit.

So, two days in Flower Cycle, moved to a new 120W (119 LED of Red Orange and Blue) We will see what happens. With this leaf, this should let us all know if the light can penetrate.

DSCF7539.jpg

DSCF7540.jpg

DSCF7541.jpg

3 Became 2 today. Not paying enough attention while playing with the height of the light, chain slipped out of my hand and the light went straight down. Destroyed the second best looking their in the middle. Oh well, I am not pulling it yet, I am not that experienced and while the stem was broke in half, I splintered it up and let's see if it may grow back together. I was going to move them to a larger container yesterday, but the root systems are so beautiful and intwined together, I do not have the exp to know what I can and cannot do when trying to separate them as they rip. So, two will be good....

Is anyone still looking?

Ouch too bad about that plant u might have problems if that plant dies with those roots intertwined in the other 2. Hopefully it will survive.

I had a plant splinter like it sounds yours did, I used duct tape to splint it and a stake to help support, and now I've got that same baby in flowering and it looks like I'll get 3 oz off her or so I say theres a good chance yours will make it too.

sorry to hear about the damage. Hopefully the home made splint will help to heal her wounds. Keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back