Legal Weed Market in Full Collapse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Dave

Reaction score
Jeez, they're selling an ounce of top-shelf 32% flower for $200 in Massachusetts. 24% is $125 or only $2K per pound. Just two years ago it cost $528 an ounce retail.

Here in NYC, illegal shops and there are hundreds of them, are selling who-knows-what for $50 an eighth and street weed is averaging $250-$300 an ounce.

Jeez, they're selling an ounce of top-shelf 32% flower for $200 in Massachusetts. 24% is $125 or only $2K per pound. Just two years ago it cost $528 an ounce retail.

Here in NYC, illegal shops and there are hundreds of them, are selling who-knows-what for $50 an eighth and street weed is averaging $250-$300 an ounce.
I 'came of age' with $20.00/ounce Columbian and Jamaican weed.
Then I enlisted and got shipped to Hawaii. I was blown away by the prices - 40-60 bucks per quarter ounce in the mid 70's.

"Oh, the times, they are a-changing."

Put them out of Business. Grow your own. Thats whats happening here. Seed Banks are doing very well.
I agree 100% and I do grow my own. What concerns me and someone, please check me if I'm wrong, but weed is legal in NJ, and that state bans home growing as far as I know. As the legal market continues to collapse, driving tax revenues down, those SOB's could easily ban home-growing or figure out a way to tax home growers by tracking our purchasing habits along with our power and water consumption.

I agree 100% and I do grow my own. What concerns me and someone, please check me if I'm wrong, but weed is legal in NJ, and that state bans home growing as far as I know. As the legal market continues to collapse, driving tax revenues down, those SOB's could easily ban home-growing or figure out a way to tax home growers by tracking our purchasing habits along with our power and water consumption.
My state is legal both rec and med.
My "town" however...that jurisdiction wants me to pay them 100 bucks/year for the privilege of growing my own, just in case I don't use a dispensary here. I do neither. I had one plant, but lost it when I was ferrying it to my lake house in my boat.

My state is legal both rec and med.
My "town" however...that jurisdiction wants me to pay them 100 bucks/year for the privilege of growing my own, just in case I don't use a dispensary here. I do neither. I had one plant, but lost it when I was ferrying it to my lake house in my boat.
How does "your town" assess the $100 annual fee?

I am in westchester county, NY. As you know 10 plants are legal and home grow is legal in CT as well. The dispensary prices in CT are really high as well.
Bill is this you?
I thought NY was 6 plants up to 12 with 2 adults
3 in veg and 3 in flower. and doubles with two adults
But home growing has not been finalized just yet, it will come 1 yr after the 1st establised dispo has been open for 1 year.

Bill is this you?
I thought NY was 6 plants up to 12 with 2 adults
3 in veg and 3 in flower. and doubles with two adults
But home growing has not been finalized just yet, it will come 1 yr after the 1st establised dispo has been open for 1 year.
We are allowed 6 plants per adult in the home.
3 in flower, 3 in veg. With a total of 12 all together regardless of the number of adults.

You can get a med card and grow immediately but kiss your gun rights goodbye.

It will be legal to homegrow in July.

18 months from the first legal sale which was December 29th 2022.

This is for New York.

Last edited:
Wise observation, considering most States want Tax Revenues or they wouldnt have made it legal. Ive heard that Californias Retail Shops are crying for Govt Bail Outs.

We are allowed 6 plants per adult in the home.
3 in flower, 3 in veg. With a total of 12 all together regardless of the number of adults.

You can get a med card and grow immediately but kiss your gun rights goodbye.

It will be legal to homegrow in July.

18 months from the first legal sale which was December 29th 2022.

This is for New York.
Guns for Weed? Liberal Turds. Id move. I cant own guns here in Thailand but I dont need them here in The Rain Forrest, good Machete is all I need.

Guns for Weed? Liberal Turds. Id move. I cant own guns here in Thailand but I dont need them here in The Rain Forrest, good Machete is all I need.
Thats why i sit here and illegally grow because i will NEVER willingly hand over my right to own a gun.
I can be a raging alcoholic and buy any gun i want, but if i puff a little weed, nope no guns for you!

Its a libturd thing for sure man.

I watched so many shows showing those huge companies with massive grows and always notice the drawbacks they have because of scaling so big. The structure of these companies built on the same concept as big corporations disgusts me. IMO growing weed must be totally free for all. They can simply test the products for contaminants like they do with other products and tax it moderately. The government makes it so hard for regular talented growers to grow a business because of cost and impossible to meet regulations. Fortunately growing weed is art and there will always be a place for the real artist. However, I am tired of the entire state of the world economy, how humans exploit humans, this chain of thought, I don't know if it relates to any of you. I am sort of sick of stupid "competitiveness" and for what? I see the same behavior from humans who make a ton of money, they NEVER give back a fair share, NEVER. I ask myself would i do the same if i were in that position? Do you more often than not lose faith in humanity then you are not sure again? We are a stupid species. Sorry about the rant...

Latest posts

Back