light green spots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenthumberish

Mexican...or Mexicant!
Reaction score
Hi ladies and gentlemen.....I have something i've been wondering about, been a while since i posted, but I have a question. This is the grow:
Forest Blue strain (sativa hybrid)
Medium: 5 gallon bucket Fox Farm Ocean Forest dirt, mixxed with dolomite lime 1 tablespoon per gallon.
Water: set out 24+ hours in a bucket to evaporate chlorine etc. PH balanced to 6.4 before I water plants.
Light Source: 1000watt HPS
Grow Space: 5x6x8 grow tent
Ambient Temp Lights On: 85F
Ambient Temp Lights Out: 70F
Ferts: None yet, they didn't look hungry
Growth Stage: 4th week of flowering.
I'm sure there is a bunch of other pertinant information that I am missing....anyway so here's the issue....I noticed the other day that the plants seemingly over a couple days developed light green spots on some of the larger fan leaves about half way up the plant. Now I know - this is pointless without pictures, believe me...I'm working on getting the USB cable so i can transfer photos off the camera. Anyway along with the light green bloches, they are curling like ever so slightly at the new growth. Now I've tested the run-off from my water, and the PH is 6.3 to 6.5 at highest. My watering Schedule is 1 gallon every 4th day. (or sooner depending on how dry the dirt gets)....Anyway, i'm kinda at a loss....I would like the plants to get healthier, since I just had to kill 2 hermies (bagseeds ugh) thats kinda the last hope for my medicine for 5 months or so....The issue hasn't made the plants look sick or anything, just not as vibrant and happy as some others I've had. Suggestions would be wonderful...thanks in advance!!!!

Yo Ho greenthumberish,

Your babies could just be short on mag/cal which is short for magnesium/calcium. Since you are growing in soil, if you didn't mix any of this in it might be the culprit. Then again it might be something serious enough that you will need to bust a move. I have a link here that might be of assistance, but keep in mind that these things happen to exotic plants, vegetable garden, and house plants as well. Try this link and do some comparing and reading.
You will be surprised at the stuff your going to learn with years of growing, and it all works not only in your favor, but then you too can share your knowlege with others...
hxxp://www.umass.edu/umext/floriculture/fact_sheets/pest_management/leaf_spot_dis.htm

I do hope that you will get this resolved, and if you would, please keep us up to date on your progress, as this living library looks to folks like you to share and help us to grow in our smarts so to speak. While all this is going on, and while your working to get a grip, you need some GREEN MOJO
Green Mojo.jpg

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

Green Mojo.jpg

Hey I almost forgot,
Watch your leaves after each watering. Rule of thumb is temporarily stop spray misting, and see if that seems to reduce to amount of what your seeing. Also I wanted to ask, "Do any of the light green spots ever darken into a dark gray coloring ?

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

Hi,

It sounds like it may be some type of nutrient deficiency. Since they haven't received any nutes and one of your plants is looking a bit odd I'm thinking your plants probably need some feeding. If they are going into week 4 of flowering they more than likely need some additional P/K. And King K's suggestion to look into magnesium deficiency is another good hypothesis to explore, especially since we don't have any pic's to help with diagnosing your issue.

Do you plan on giving your plants any full range base nutrients, i.e. a bloom fertilizer with N-P-K and trace minerals? I'd suggest either something in organics like PureBlend Pro Bloom (NPK Formula: 1.5-4-5) or Foxfarm Big Bloom (NPK: .01 - 0.3 - 0.7). If you would prefer to give them synthetic nutes with a little more kick GH Flora Nova Bloom (4-8-7) is a good choice. I'd suggest giving your plants at least 1/2 strength bloom nutrients to help with your problem and to give them a healthy shot in the arm as they go into the peak of flower growth.

Happy Blooming!:cool:

The twisting sounds like a cal problem.Are you using tap/r.o./ or well water?Adding cal/mag?If tap/well how long do you let it airrate prior to waterings(2 much chlorine)You can avoid cal/mag if you place 1 cup tap(let sit out 24 hours 4 chlorine to evap.)water per gallon.IMO.The twisting could also be lack of k.Most likele cal/mag is where you should start with.
The light color in the leaves?Need pics.Multitude of poss.Is it lighter because of increase/decrease in nutes.Do you have those light green(they turn dark grey when older)small grasshopper type things.They leave the leaf lookin like a snale came through.

Thanks, KK, Leafminer, Hick and DirtySouth ;) To answer some questions, and update:

I did end up feeding them, some fish ferts (only stuff i had) is 0-10-10...so i used very little. The twisting seems to be less of a problem now, but even at 1/4th strength of the ferts, ive noticed what appears to be nute burn on the new leaves. The new growth in the last week hasn't really curled down on me, either. Also, no new spotted leaves. So as soon as I get rid of the nute burnin problem, i hope the plants will be okay again (gonna flush later today)
Oh, and DS, nah, it's not any bugs in the garden....thank god ;)

I appreciate all the advise folks, i'll test it on 1 plant first before treating all of em ;)

Latest posts

Back