light leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intellenoob

Reaction score
ive got a problem w/ my grow closet--light seeps outa the sides of the door when closed. any1 know any tricks? its not terribly stealthy right now.

Granted I am in my first grow process right now, also in a closet.. I was figuring on putting black duct tape around the edges, or even taping a black garbage bag folded up a few times so no light penetrates through and tape it over your cracks.. Just a thought but I'm sure some more experienced growers here can offer better solutions.. Good luck..

i use an old sheet and poke it in the cracks of the door, towel under the door and a small one on top,works well for me. however this is only my 5 th month:)

get yourself some 3mil or thicker black plastic sheeting. cut a piece about 4", or more, bigger than the closet opening. staple or tape it to the top of the door (on the inside). a few pieces of sticky back velcro along the vertical sides will allow you to stick the plastic to the walls. then close the door. should block all the light shining trough.

good luck

thnks guhs. i think im gna use cotton t shirts. i need to keep some ventilation, and would nething breathe better and block light like black t shirts?

Get yourself 1/4 inch thick weather stripping or larger if you have larger gaps.

I would use some weather stripping that is "D" shaped unless you like the look of duct tape and/or the gaps are big

One thing,,I use a Closet,,and there is no way you are going to get rid of all the light leaks without shuting out much needed Fresh AIR,,unless you are pulling it in from somewhere else,,,and those plants need lots of fresh moving air or the will not grow very well. If the door to the room where the closet is,,,is closed,,nobody should see the light coming from the closet. If you live at home with your parents or something,,then,,IM out.
If not,,then I dont see the problem.Keep the door closed to that bedroom,and tell your friends to keep thier asses outta that room.:D AND give your plants lots of fresh air. Mine are only closed up(the closet doors) at night during flowering.

What I did was put weather stripping around the door and then took 2 130cfm puter fans at the bottom of the door for intake. I cut holes all the way through the door mounted the fans on the inside of door and went to home depot got me a vent cover, then took a piece of carbon filter and cut it to the same size as the vent put it between the vent and face of door ( this helps with the light coming through the vent) I run a 400 watt HPS with just a bathroom vent mounted in the ceiling with a DIY scrubber ran into the attic I also plumed in my central air for the summer months. And I have never had my temps go above 80 degrees. My grow space is 4 foot long 2 foot depth and about 8 foot ceiling. take care..

Latest posts

Back