light???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iBURNblunts

KING of CHRONIC
Reaction score
hi guys.. i just bought a flourecent tube light and its 70w 120v max. is that good enough until i can put my plants outside?

yes... they are three inches, lanky, with 4 tiny tiny leaves on the top because they started with a regular household light 8 inches above them. i plan to move them outside when i have 4 nice leaves on them

according to your location and if the days are getting longer you can use the window sill. That helps in to ways
1 free light
2 gets the plants use to the sun.

If you have to use flourecents 6500 L (daylight) are best for veg. 2700L(cool white) are useable for flowering. when you put out shade plant a few days the get them use to the sun. Happy Growing.

....that, if you're using flourescents, you need as much as you can find. I sprouted some seedlings and put them under 2 4 ft. T8 38 Watt 4100K tubes-about 2 inches above. My plants were stretching so hard for the light, they were about to topple over from being so lanky and thin.

I repotted them up to the first leaves as someone on here suggested and put them under a 400 W Metal Halide and they're flourishing. Point is, I don't think you'll be able to leave them under your current flourescent lights too long or they won't grow right. Friend is right, though. The spectrum and Kelvin temp are the things. I just realized you're talking about T12 bulbs at 70 watts, so I'm not really sure.

As a side note, I'm going to try more seedlings under my flourescent fixture, but I just got 2 tubes rated DAYLIGHT with a 6500K rating. I'll keep you posted.

AG

Latest posts

Back