lighting and area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacock

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing the following:
4-600 lumatek digital ballasts (two for the 8X8 room - which will be the flowering room, only because it is out of the way and the plugs are closer. the veg. will have a 18x18x48 glass aquarium for clones - two t5 4 foot 6700K bulbs). A back up 400 old style MH ballast. small area for storage and a work area)
4-supernova chrome reflectors (these are super reflective)
Both rooms will be covered with poly (one black side the other reflective white).
One Atmosphere Vortex 6" L fan 275 CFM vented to the sewer. Does anyone do this?
Can I buy MH bulbs for a 600 Watt ballast or do I need to buy a conversion bulb.
Jorge C. likes 600 watt instead of 1000watt because of the flexibility and the energy savings..
Your garden gets alittle smaller you only use one of two, a 1000watt your are stuck with the power useage. Alittle more money for bulbs with a 600 but should be ahead in the end.

What do you think.

I use a 600 with a 400 for 21 sq. ft. which I believe is almost pushing 6900 lumens per sq. ft. during flower( may be a little excessive, but oh well). If i do my math right you're looking at about 2800 lumens per sq. ft. which means you're at the extreme low end for your plants. You may want some more lighting if you're trying to light the whole area or squeeze it down a bit. As for the 600 MH I've only been able to find conversion bulbs. But then again I haven't looked super hard. Let me know if you find one.

:yeahthat: either add more lights or partion the grow room of :peace:

Do NOT vent into the sewers.

If a smell is noticed, you could have firemen knocking at your door and asking to inspect your basement.

King Bud said:
Do NOT vent into the sewers.

If a smell is noticed, you could have firemen knocking at your door and asking to inspect your basement.

That'd be one super crop to overcome the scent of all the neighbourhoods excrement.

Whack an odorsok on the fan to be sure to be sure.

peacock said:
I'm thinking of doing the following:
4-600 lumatek digital ballasts (two for the 8X8 room - which will be the flowering room, only because it is out of the way and the plugs are closer. the veg. will have a 18x18x48 glass aquarium for clones - two t5 4 foot 6700K bulbs). A back up 400 old style MH ballast. small area for storage and a work area)
4-supernova chrome reflectors (these are super reflective)
Both rooms will be covered with poly (one black side the other reflective white).
One Atmosphere Vortex 6" L fan 275 CFM vented to the sewer. Does anyone do this?
Can I buy MH bulbs for a 600 Watt ballast or do I need to buy a conversion bulb.
Jorge C. likes 600 watt instead of 1000watt because of the flexibility and the energy savings..
Your garden gets alittle smaller you only use one of two, a 1000watt your are stuck with the power useage. Alittle more money for bulbs with a 600 but should be ahead in the end.

What do you think.

You simply do not have the equipment to be running a 64 sq ft room (do you actually need that much?).
Figure a 600W HPS is good for about 18 sq ft., so you would really need about 4 lights to adequately light this space. In regards to your choice of light wattage--remember that yield is a function of the wattage of your lights, not the number of plants or the size of your space. Jorge is only 1 source--wattage of lighting is really more of a personal choice.

Also, you are going to need a lot more ventilation. A single 6" 275 CFM vortex is probably not going to be enough. You should be exchanging the air in your room at least 3-4 times a minute. If you have 8' ceilings, you have 512 cu ft.

Also you could have trouble venting into the sewer. I would imagine that any fan large enough to exhaust the air from the room with be blowing bubbles up through all the p-traps and toilets. Depending on your drainage system, you could also be blowing air bubbles through your neighbors fixtures.

I don't really see the benefit of having a large cumbersome aquarium in the veg space?

Latest posts

Back