lighting concern

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drcree

Reaction score
firstly, i wanted to say i am a new member. thank you for letting me a part of this here group.

i have a lighting question and a hypothetical: i have had my indoor plants on a 12/12 lighting regime for seven weeks and wondered if i continue this 12/12 lighting regime until the harvest? part two: if i were to switch to a different lighting--say 18/6, the plants may return to the vegetative mode. IF that were to occur, what would happen to the existing buds on the plants?

DeCree-- Welcome to MP -- Let the girl finish under 12/12 --
You'll just mess it up if U start jacking with the lights -- Take cuttings and root them out if it is the plant U want -- If U want to reveg the thing leave some greenery around the base at harvest and put it back under 24/7 for a few days reduce to 18/6 or stay at 24/7 --

Hi DrCree - I had a timer shit it self during a grow once and the light went back to 24/7 all the buds grew out and destroyed the whole crop ,

Take cuttings or re-veg after harvest.
Changing the lighting now will screw-up your plant.

DeCree-- Welcome to MP -- Let the girl finish under 12/12 --
You'll just mess it up if U start jacking with the lights -- Take cuttings and root them out if it is the plant U want -- If U want to reveg the thing leave some greenery around the base at harvest and put it back under 24/7 for a few days reduce to 18/6 or stay at 24/7 --
thanks keef. regarding the cuttings, does it matter whether the plants are in the vegetative stage or the flowering stage?
so if i read you correctly, i can cut the stalk and leave some shoots at the bottom of the same, return to 24/7 and they will retake? :eek: gasp!

Hi DrCree - I had a timer **** it self during a grow once and the light went back to 24/7 all the buds grew out and destroyed the whole crop ,
oh man! considering what you just said, it would serve me well to have a second timer in the event mine decides to puke!
by the way, we have a german shorthaired pointer we call crockett. he's 11 and is still full of life.

Latest posts

Back