flowering my photoperiods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy olson

Reaction score
so ive been growing one photo with my autoflowering plants under 24 hour lights and my photos are well into veg and was wondering if i can switch the lights to 12 12 to get my photos into flower my autos are about 5 weeks from harvest
20230703_204407.jpg

Attachments

• 20230703_204446.jpg
    20230703_204446.jpg
    1,002 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
so ive been growing one photo with my autoflowering plants under 24 hour lights and my photos are well into flowering and was wondering if i can switch the lights to 12 12 to get my photos into veg my autos are about 5 weeks from harvest
Confusing post. If I read this correctly, it says your photos are well into flowering with 24 hr lighting. Switching to 12/12 lighting will get your photos to flower, not veg. I don’t have much experience with autos but people do flower them under 12/12 lighting so I believe you can flip to 12/12 anytime your photo is ready. Indoors I usually veg for about 8 weeks and flip to 12/12 when the plants are a good size to allow at least a foot between the plant tops and the highest position I can raise my lights to. I usually plan on the plant doubling in height when switching to the flower lighting schedule. I also like to have alternating nodes(the small leaflets growing out of the main stem). Before maturity, the nodes usually line up next to each other on opposite sides of the stem. Hope this helps.

Confusing post. If I read this correctly, it says your photos are well into flowering with 24 hr lighting. Switching to 12/12 lighting will get your photos to flower, not veg. I don’t have much experience with autos but people do flower them under 12/12 lighting so I believe you can flip to 12/12 anytime your photo is ready. Indoors I usually veg for about 8 weeks and flip to 12/12 when the plants are a good size to allow at least a foot between the plant tops and the highest position I can raise my lights to. I usually plan on the plant doubling in height when switching to the flower lighting schedule. I also like to have alternating nodes(the small leaflets growing out of the main stem). Before maturity, the nodes usually line up next to each other on opposite sides of the stem. Hope this helps.
thank you i mixed em up

so ive been growing one photo with my autoflowering plants under 24 hour lights and my photos are well into veg and was wondering if i can switch the lights to 12 12 to get my photos into flower my autos are about 5 weeks from harvestView attachment 332772
You can even grow your autos together with photos from the start giving them 24 hours of light and then switching the light cycle to 12/12 when you want your photos to start flowering.

I would think that they would react to a sudden change of light or lack of it. Even autos would notice the dramatic change I would think. I know mine didn’t like it at all when I put them outside after being I the tent the first half of their life. Of course the temps as well as the lights were different for them.

I would think that they would react to a sudden change of light or lack of it. Even autos would notice the dramatic change I would think. I know mine didn’t like it at all when I put them outside after being I the tent the first half of their life. Of course the temps as well as the lights were different for them.
will let you know i am switching them today

Latest posts

Back