lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizard

Reaction score
ok at the moment i'm using the wrong lights i know this but theyre' all i have till my ne ones arrive was emailed to day and theyer' on back order
arhg any i'm using 4700k floros waiting on my 6500s they 5 18'' t8 fixtures 15 watts apiece at 100 lumens apiece any my ? is my plant and two sprouts are growing vey slowly i understand the [plant she's been through alot i know shes going through shock but my sprouts are 9 days old and still only have 2 leaves not fan just 2 is it the light ????????? i send pics but still don't have a camera yet

I have also been growing on flouros... Always too broke to get a HPS :D
Have a look
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37132
I've found out it doesn't really matter much, if you are using a 4700K or 6500k. More important are the watts and the lumens your lights have...
Most flouros have about 60Lumens per watt ratio, not sure what T8s are but 100 lumens a piece sounds a little weak...
If you are serious about your grow, you best invest in at least 600Watts HPS...
Flouros will do alright for vegging but once you start flowering HPS is the best way to go it seems... I am hoping to soon get mine :D
Plants will grow slow when light is poor...
But they also grow much faster once they've grown a few leafs...
Try adding more light...
Keep the Flouros as close as 1'' from your babies!
Good luck!
:lama:

lizard said:
ok at the moment i'm using the wrong lights i know this but theyre' all i have till my ne ones arrive was emailed to day and theyer' on back order
arhg any i'm using 4700k floros waiting on my 6500s they 5 18'' t8 fixtures 15 watts apiece at 100 lumens apiece any my ? is my plant and two sprouts are growing vey slowly i understand the [plant she's been through alot i know shes going through shock but my sprouts are 9 days old and still only have 2 leaves not fan just 2 is it the light ????????? i send pics but still don't have a camera yet

The two leaves you are seeing are the water leaves, nothing wrong with that. Thats how they start off. However, you should be able to find those bulbs at, pretty much, any hardware store fairly easy.

sorry my bad typo i meant 1000 lumens and so far ive been all over town and i can only find them in t5 and it just hte water leave and theb 2 seraded leaves but they sprouted 9 days ago by now thwy should have grown atleast 4 more leaves

yes they are but for some reson i can't find them at 6500k 18 inches long
that why i have to wait this stupid back order but thank you very much for trying i hope it won't to much longer i on ly have 5 moths for this grow before i have to pack up and move so far it e=seems evry things going agaist me sorry just frustrated

thanks man but is this why they growing so slow????

it' a soil it's peat sand oakleafcompost and chopped pinebark mulch from agarden that is kick as and fertal *** hell was thinking of adding afew worms that works great for my out door projects so does the soil i mix it's about evenin content and thouroly mixed but now i liove in the city and all have is lil 3x3x7 grow room in atiny lil closet have 3 2.5 gallon pots wit mylar walls all around turbo fan for vent tree lights racked together hanig on top 2 inches from pots
an 2 on th sides thre pots in a triangle

Lizard- you don't have enough light. To be sure, if the stems are longer than 3" already- they're stretching. Get those new lights!

the Mrs. is a little concerned about exposure to the rays from the MH bulbs, I told her to just wear one of my light longsleeve shirts and with a little common sense like dont touch or stare (or break),she should be fine, has anyone ever broke one like standing up and hitting it with there head or just broke one anyway at all, while it was ignited!! I saw these aircooled hoods with the glass shields i guess they are, so it tells me the lights could hurt you maybe, i dont know!! can anyone tell me what happens if one breaks during operation? how about the CFLs? does mercury go everywhere? those little money saving curly cue bulbs for the house now i see have special instructions for disposing them. How about disposing the MH bulbs themselfs? I'm a big safety guy,I just don't want anyone hurt doing this,i'll probably add check your smoke detector batteries to my signature, lol

:yeahthat:

Hijack??? lol...You shld post this as a thread so it can get answered... :)

I wld think hitting the the fixture with your head wld be quite painful....:eek:

Hamster Lewis said:
:yeahthat:

Hijack??? lol...You shld post this as a thread so it can get answered... :)

I wld think hitting the the fixture with your head wld be quite painful....:eek:

Yeah u def should do that cuz i think everyone in here, including me, would like to know if their handling hazmats

my stems are about 1 to 1.5 inches just getting realy slow growth they started sprouting there 3rd and 4th leaves today they look good just real slow
can't wait for ne lights to get here

Dude, if you're sitting there waiting counting and watching (like everyone does) it may seem like it's taking longer than normal. Make sure your color index is the blues, and heat index is 5500k or higher. Keep the flouro lights 1 to 2 inches from the tops of your plants, and add some CFL's to hang around them probably 3 inches from the tops. That should make them grow just fine. Good luck....watched pots "Never" boil.....patience padawah

hey this is the beaver, just cut and paste it where you think that light stuff should be this pc stuffs way harder than growing a little decent, I did move it and got some anwers these bulbs all of them are very hazardous, like clean-up crews from hell suited up with respirators, are some of the answers back i got.

Latest posts

Back