little help???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gettinggray1964

all-day-toker
Reaction score
hey everyone, went hunting some potting mix today, every thing that i have used before is gone... i had to go to a land scapeing place, they had this, it is soilless. will this work or do i need to add anything to it???????

DSC00737.JPG

DSC00738.JPG

I always toss in extra perlite..most rarely don't put enough in IME.
but should work fine without ammending.
depends on how you grow.
my mix i always put in some earthworm castings too. but if not organic no real reason.
add a touch of dolomite lime (1tsp per gallon) it already has limestone.
FF is a good organic line. keep in mind tho tiger bloom is organic based not 100% organic ;)

thanks Mutt, never used this kinda mix befor, i always have used the cheap organic potting soil, but cant find any anywhere around here... i have perlite and vermiculite, and i always have worm castings.. so i should add some of all?????? i like to think of myself as a grow rebel!!!!!!!!!

I would add the earthworm castings and the perlite...vermiculite i don't really had much need for. earthworm castings can't burn your plants. but ammend some in..might get by without need much of the grow big at all. castings is a great passive slow release nitrogen. and its passive so won't burn your plants.
see peeps grow trees outdoors in nothing but castings and organic tea :D
but would ammend a couple of cups pre gallon and top dress with em ever so often throughout veg.
would put a lil bit of dolomite lime...helps as a great PH buffer ;) don't get carried away with it, 1-2 tspoons is all ya really need IME (per gallon)
I don't really use much growbig, maybe 1-2 feedings in later part of veg is all. the big bloom you will use the most ;) I even use it more so than grow big in veg. with the worm castings there is plenty of N and the big bloom has tons of other goodies :D

thanks alot Mutt, my first harvest out of this mix will be dedicated to you my friend.... going to try and get some awsome white-widow buds!!!!!!!!!

gettinggray1964 said:
hey everyone, went hunting some potting mix today, every thing that i have used before is gone... i had to go to a land scapeing place, they had this, it is soilless. will this work or do i need to add anything to it???????

This is exactly what a friend of mine uses. GH 3 part fertilizer and gets 1lb. per 400w HPS. I personaly dont like it much because it seems to retain a little more moisture than im comfortable with. Im sure if you add perlite you can remidy this quite easily. But with the results I see from a few others, it works awesome and they dont add anything to it. Good luck.

alright, i told my wife that i can do something right.... thanks for the very encourageing imput.....

Latest posts

Back