lost looking for answers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollywood52

Reaction score
this is my first grow.orange bud in a 2.5g res. it stands over 6' the only thing kepping it up right is the guide line tide to it and yesterday the leaves started drooping.its in its 4th wk flower under a 400w hps budding very slow. using gh flora nutes. looking for advice

DCAM0007.JPG

DCAM0008.JPG

Maybe you have over watered it? Mine will drroop sometimes like that when i give then water to often. So what is your watering schedule? Also have had a fan on the plant while its been growing? Other than that that plant is a beast.

i have my pump going 24/7 .have since veg and just started drooping yesterday.yeah fans going all time. should i switch my pump schedule??

what method of growing are you using hollywood52 as we can give ya some better answers if ya tell us.

pkj

wow this thing is huge... lol lol

seems like u let it get to big b4 putting it into flower.. and now u have to much plant and not nuff light.. (to penertrate the lower half of the plant)

and that light seems a lil close? if u put ur hand right above the top of the plant and ur hand cant stand the heat then ur plant wont be able to stand it...

and how long is the usual flowering on ur strain?? might just be a lenghty flowering process..

didnt want to be the first person to say this, but i would trash it:shocked: no offence, but that thing got way to much veg time. It will have super loose buds, that I wouldnt even smoke. Maby you didnt realize you had to flip the lights? IDK but, geeeeeeez. If that was an out door plant :cool: That plant is way to big for your light... and i bet that took forever to grow too!. Sry she wont dump out the bomby nugs, but next time dont veg over 2 feet, flip the lights to 12/12 and im sure youll crank out some dank hydro, cus she's looking healthy for a 6" indoor plant, just streched and way to tall..

ps. i dont mean trash it, but i would make that hole plant into hash oil come harvest time...

i only let it veg for about 3 wks but for the first 3 weeks of flower it just grew like 6" a day i started from seed on jan 26 so 8 wks from seed

IM NOT sure but i thought orange bud was indica influenced so looks more sativa like in its height/stretch wise.

anyway drip system run to waste or recirculating system either way at about 6ft tall judging by the door as a size comparission thing id say its just too tall for light to penetrate properly so id chop a 3rd off the top and lower the lamp so the plant gets some more intense lumens.

hope this helps ya out hollywood man.

pkj

That thing is a monster! Way too big for that light. I wish I had one of those outdoors though. Big yield. Would it still be possible to take some clones? I don't really know. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. You did a great job on it. Take care and be safe.

i got thanks man but i just ordered a 1k with that she'll put on some wait

1k with the 400 will be nice. i am hoping you WONT kill it, or havent- that would be a waste!

yeah im not going to give it the chop..but leaves still really droopy its root bound in the res.thinkin its too much water or not enough????

hers a option hollywood why dont you try tying it down some like lst of the way i do it high stress training.

all it takes is some string tied to the main stem near the top and add a weight so it will start to bend. taking care not to add too much of a weight as to break the stem.

the plant will bend but to what extent im not 100% sure but either way you will have a better light spread over the plant with the 1000w and also the 400w.

is it a bubbler bucket you have the plant in?? as i cannot see exactly what the plant is sat in other than a bucket.

another option if you ditched the hydro and went with soil is to tilt the plant container onto its side and offer some kind of support for the branches then you have the thing sorted.

ps ive done both of the options above with good results.

dont be put off repotting into another medium it works and wont harm the plant imho.

if you look at my threads you will see the impossible can be achieved as i always seem to change mediums/hydro/aero midway through flowering if im presented with some problem i cannot suss out.

hope this is some help dude

pkj

Latest posts

Back