Low pH problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larnek

Reaction score
So my pH kit FINALLY came in (ended up being backordered twice blah bla..) and appears my tap water is fairly acidic. Somewhere in neighborhood of 6.0 even. So now looking for a cheap pH raiser that won't harm plants.. Runoff of plants is like 6.25 or less so I probably have some nute lockout already occuring. Plants are in soil but so I guess I could water thru some lime but trying not to buy anything more or potentially over alkaline my soil. Any home remedies?

Baking soda can work as a temporary way to raise your PH. A word of caution using things found in your kitchen to raise your ph, they tend to cause ph spikes and drops and make it even harder to regulate your PH, you would be better off purchasing PH up and PH down from a hydro store.

yeah baking soda also will quickly cause your na(sodium) levels to spike and cause a toxic build up of salts. Na displaces a lot of nutrients and makes them perciprate out of the solution, causing deficiencies and lock outs.

I would advise against using baking soda

Well there ya go. I didn't know all that but its good info to have.

Latest posts

Back