Serious problems - still too inexperienced to diagnose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActivatedAlmonds52

Reaction score
My Sour Durban is on week 7 from seed. 250W 16/8h, soil is 13 liters of Canna Terra Professional (black peat, granulated peat moss and perlite, extra nitrogen) in a fabric pot.

It doesn't look too great, I'll tell you what. About a week ago the symptoms started getting apparent and now I feel I should do something serious to salvage the plant. I think the biggest problem is that I COMPLETELY forgot to add N-P-K. I know, I don't understand that myself. I only started adding the following a few days ago:

- Biobizz Bio-Grow (N-P-K 8-2-6) 1mL/1L
- Biobizz Bio-Up (pH+) 0,5mL/1L
- Biobizz CalMag 0,3mL/1L
- Aptus Fulvic Blast (iron, zinc, manganese, copper) 0,3mL/1L (only once a week)

On top of that, another problem could be underwatering. I'm still not sure how much water I should use!

Suppose I water once a day - should there ALWAYS be some runoff? Today I used 1L (definitely more than usual) and there was no runoff after 10 minutes. For some reason I'm still more afraid of overwatering than underwatering.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
first thing I would do would be to remove those bad fan leaves

as far as how much water do they need , I go by weight , pick it up , if it’s light , add water

i would also check the Ph and ppm’s going in and coming out

Watering to get about 20% run off always worked well for me. 13 liter pots are a bit over 3 gallon if my cakulations are correct. I use 3 gallon felt pots and would water with about a half gallon(2 liters) approx every 3rd day to get a good wet/dry cycle going. I do as big said though. I go by weight. If the pot feels light, I water, if not I let it go another day and recheck. I also use the ‘rule of knuckle’ where I stick my finger in the soil about a knuckle deep. If I still feel moisture, I let them dry for another day and recheck.

You are looking at necrosis because you didnt feed it. But looking at a few of your older post, you need to make a few changes, if you dont you'll keep having the same problems. You need to get your environment right and go from there.

You are looking at necrosis because you didnt feed it. But looking at a few of your older post, you need to make a few changes, if you dont you'll keep having the same problems. You need to get your environment right and go from there.

Yeah, I made the same mistake before - just didn't use NPK at all. I know, I know. I'll definitely keep adding supplements and maybe up the amount of NPK if there's no improvement. I already marked two leaves with numbers so I can compare pictures in the upcoming weeks.

Watering to get about 20% run off always worked well for me. 13 liter pots are a bit over 3 gallon if my cakulations are correct. I use 3 gallon felt pots and would water with about a half gallon(2 liters) approx every 3rd day to get a good wet/dry cycle going. I do as big said though. I go by weight. If the pot feels light, I water, if not I let it go another day and recheck. I also use the ‘rule of knuckle’ where I stick my finger in the soil about a knuckle deep. If I still feel moisture, I let them dry for another day and recheck.
What size plants are you growing in the 3 gal pots. New to tent growing and just trying to figure things out.

Hey, supplements won’t fix the issue, don’t add more, she needs more NPK

Latest posts

Back