lumatek vs other Digital ballasts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the sunmaster. Cool deluxe for a really blue spectrum. Buys it! Those people whoever said that misinformed you!

P.s. Andy hes lookin for a 600 watt setup. They don't make them 600 watt eye blue spectrum. I was lookin' all around for one for myself, bummer huh.

Even check there site it's not listed. http://www.eyehortilux.com/blue.html

DomsChron said:
I use the sunmaster. Cool deluxe for a really blue spectrum. Buys it! Those people whoever said that misinformed you!

P.s. Andy hes lookin for a 600 watt setup. They don't make them 600 watt eye blue spectrum. I was lookin' all around for one for myself, bummer huh.

Even check there site it's not listed. http://www.eyehortilux.com/blue.html

Thanks Dom. Good to know that it works. My set up actually came with a HPS bulb so I'll let that one run until it burns out. From my experience, that will be by the end of the year at the latest, so it should not be much of a wait. Thanks for the info. guys. MY set up came today, we're setting it all up when we got some free time in the next day or two so I'm looking forward to it. Got the Fox Farm Tri-pack that should be in shortly. Hopefully, the new nutes, and the new light will help make this a good grow.

Same here, green mojo for the sunmaster! How many lumens does your HPS bulb have?

Newbie sez: "What a great birthday present that will be to move my 5 new babies and 3 big girls from a 400 watt to this! I'm really hoping to notice a difference on this next grow."

Believe me, you will see a good difference in the next grow...whichever set-up you buy. I bought a 600w/air cooled system thru HTG about 6 months ago. My buds got bigger and tighter right away. It could help that the air cooled unit brought the temps down about 5 degrees f. , but that likely didn't affect the tightness of the buds. The ballast is cool and quiet, hope it lasts...

Peace...j.b.

I had the same exact dilemma you had, either choose the 600w lumatek or the 600w digital greenhouse ballast

I just chose the lumatek...I ordered it from greengoldhydro.com I haven't received it yet or any info that it's shipped (it's the CHEAPEST anywhere) I also got the 600w hortilux super hps bulb from them

I ordered the cooltube reflector from HTG (it shipped the same day, very fast shipping)

I haven't received any of them yet, hopefully soon!

I'm not sure if I'm gonna do a journal, but I'm definitely gonna take pics for myself so I can chart my progress/mistakes and learn for future grows...

I might start a grow journal though, who knows!

Johnny

Well guys I used the lights and like you said, def. a difference between the 400 and the 600. We cut the first this morning. I'll probably post some pics up, but she looks great. If I HAD to make the decision again, I would go with the 1000, but I'm very happy with the 600. Next time I decide to upgrade, its going to be the 1000. As far as lumatek, Awesome! Even with a cheap *** bulb it looks like a little sun.

Told ya buddy. Would I ever lie to you for my own self? I'm not ever smokin any of them buds you've got! I just love to help guide to the right choice.

DomsChron said:
Told ya buddy. Would I ever lie to you for my own self? I'm not ever smokin any of them buds you've got! I just love to help guide to the right choice.

Naw man you were right. I was thinking "I'll never want a 1000, its too big for a closet grow" I was wrong. it would have been fine, and the girls would be getting more light. Its honestly not so bad though, the girls are filling out nicely with the new nutes and new light, and I think for what I'm doing right now it works. You were right though.

But cooling a 600 is alot easier than a 1000....so you could look at it that way....

Latest posts

Back