male and hermie question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samandwendy

Reaction score
I will be getting a plant from a friend and I have no idea what kind of shape this plant is in or the sex. All I know is that the plant is about 2 weeks old.
lets say, for instance that the plant i get turns out to be a male. what are the pros and cons of the buds as in potency or if they even flower?
i had an old friend that would snip the pollen sacks from his male plants and turn them into hermies. is this true or possible? if so, will the buds turn out ok or even smokeable?
sorry if this is a rookie question, but hey, we are rookies to the grow scene :)

Snipping flowers off a male plant wont cause it to turn hermi or produce female flowers.

Male plants are only good for 2 things, pollen for seeds and compost.

Just be careful about critters samandwendy. I was growin bagseed my first few go rounds and had bad hermie ratios, not great smoke, but NO BUGS! Then a couple months ago I was gifted two clones of a good genetic strain, and took multiple cuttings from them. Now I have all females, great smoke, and a room full of spidermites that Ive been battling since i noticed them. Its a fair tradeoff IMO since I wont order genetics from online, but the mitres are very annoying.

If your plant is male there will be no smokable buds at all. Just male polllen sacks. A hermie may produce weed, but it will finish early and heavy with seeds. Without experience, even a minor hermie can produce large amounts of seed. GMT is on the money.

Latest posts

Back