Male or Female.? Assurance needed please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, balls seem to be growing by the hour. I am seriously considering chopping it down before the end of today's light cycle. I keep ya'll posted. Thanks Hamster Lewis and MindzEye.

Morning all! Woke up, still no hairs, still looks like 'banana's', chop chop! (Thanks legalize_freedom)

Malefkme 001.JPG

Malefkme 003.JPG

Pardon me if this sounds silly, but it isn't likely it 'popped' if it is only 5 full days from the start of flowering, right? I was reading another members post about hermie plants, and his opened before he noticed.

Ok, so here it is; I think I have singled out another two males. I took a couple of new pictures, but to make sure I am getting better at identifying the males, I came back seeking assurance. Thanks to HIE for the Macro tip(although I am sure I can get closer, more detailed, but I am a camera noob), anyways, thanks all!

Malefkme2 001.JPG

Malefkme2 002.JPG

Those look like males, but remember you dont have to be in a big rush to chop them, they are not producing pollen yet..

I see. Good to hear. I am so nervous about a rogue male pollinating the few confirmed females. About how many days before pollen sacks mature?

Thats hard to say but at least a week and a half . Once those flowers turn into bananas and they hang down from those sites like balls. Those bananas will start to open, this would be the time to worry... Those males havnt started producing pollen yet.. Theres nothing wrong with waiting 3 days and make sure those are males... Its Hermis that you should worry about they can sneak up on you, but we will cross that bridge later

I agree with Mindzeye on this when pre-flowers are new like this it can be hard to tell if it is a male nub, or a female calyx. It's easier for some of us that have grown for a little while. But, it can still be dificult at times. Sometimes what I thought was a male, after sitting for a few more days has produced 2 little hairs (pistils) and ended up being fem. Detecting them gets easier with experience. I would suggest letting them go for a few days to a week, just so you can get an idea of what you are looking for.

So good news! I think I have finally 'chopped' down all the males in my garden. After giving my plants a few more days of light, I was able to visually see two white pistills coming from the top portions of the plants; closest to the lights of course. Thanks to all who helped me through this process!

Skunk#1 010.JPG

Skunk#1 011.JPG

Skunk#1 012.JPG

Latest posts

Back