manure tea testing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAGMAN007

Reaction score
Where or how do you have manure tea tested for NPK, Ph, Mg and Ca.
My formula is 1 gal each of fresh cow,rabbit,goat and horse manure 1 cup each of bat guano. .02-15-2,blood meal 0-12-0, bone meal 0-10-0,azomite,0-0-.02
4 oz unsulfured molasses place in 5 gal bucket fill with well water and stir 1-2 times a day until the foaming action stops 2-3 weeks and strain.

I need this info to formulate a proper dilution rate .Any suggestions?
:holysheep:

:yeahthat:

all ready been tested...

:48:

:confused2:

4 gallons plus 4 cups of additives sure does not leave much room for water in a 5 gallon bucket.

Might want to try a 50 gallon drum at a dilution rate of 1:2 or weaker. Lot of N in your additives.

I have not heard of any sure fire way to tell your NPK in teas. As most of your microbes would all be dead by the time they get to the testing place

i would add up all the NPK on the bags and what ever your dumping in there add it all up will give you approx total NPK the tea is going to be strong so you probably going to dilute it 1 - 4 ratio or even more this is where ppm meter will come into play
so you give plants what ever ppm ratio you want

why add all that in one mix? seems like a N od about to jump off. :eek:

i'm bubbling rabbit doo with molasses right now...drive the bennies crazy...:D

If all you are looking for is some kind of dilution rate, you can check the ppms of the tea and dilute to the ppms you like.

Why all the fresh manures?

Dowg said:
What were the results of the testing ?

The member befor Me deleted his post and not sure why....it gave the NPK of all the animal crap...Ill have to look for what They posted now...I dont use fresh poo..be sure let it cook for a good 30days or more..than use it...stay clear of chicken poo..its very Hot ..no matter how long you let sit...also..IMO..you cant over do the teas with organics...just my thoughts

:48:

Thanks for all your input. I have sprouted marigolds to test my tea I will try
10-1 8-1 4-1 and 2-1.every other time I water.I will try to take some pics
and give an update. I just wanted to know the Ph NPK Mag and Ca for the heck on it my test will tell me everything I need to know about my brew.

Happy growing

Here's some info I pulled out of an old composting book. The listing is to long to post them all so I'll list some of the most common ones. If you have one thats not on the list, ask and I'll see if I can find it. Keep in mind that fresh manure can carry e-coli.
N P K
Rabit-2.4-1.4-0.6
Chicken-1.1-0.8-0.5
Sheep-0.7-0.3-0.9
Horse-0.7-0.3-o.6
Steer-0.7-0.3-0.4
Cattle-0.6-0.2-0.5
Duck-0.6-1.4-0.5
Pig-0.5-0.3-0.5
Jellyfish-(dried)-4.6-0.0-0.0

The value of animal manure varies with the food eaten by the animal, the age of the animal, and the physical condition and health of the animal. The richer the animal's food is in elements essential to plant growth, the more valuable the manure. The manure of animals fed on wheat bran, gluten meal, and cottonseed meal, for instance, will be richer then that from animals fed on straw or hey without grains. Likewise, the manure of young animals that are forming bones and musicals from their food will be poorer in nutrients than the manure of mature animals.

Latest posts

Back