matches in soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalikisu

Reaction score
Has anyone used matches on soil to promote budding? I heard this is useful when growing fruiting plants like peppers. I wonder the benefits of matches in preflowering and flowering. The match head and striker contain potassium and phosphorus. Probably not very soluble but i'm sure it may have some benefits. I have just begun using this technique and will post more on it.

Like actual matches to start a fire? I have never done that myself. Normally when it comes to bud size it depends on the strain, one, and the health of the plant, two. If inside your lights should be above 400w if you want 'more' bud.

sometimes you just gotta take it back to the basics man. and i think this is one of those times. no offense you do as you want but dont you think your getting a little extreme when your putting matches in your soil. i just can makes since of this and it really sounds silly.

i think if you just get a good set of nutrients and water and feed correctly you should be fine and not have to do these silly and senseless remedies. keep it simple folks, and keep it green

iClown said:
I like to add lit matches to my plants.... after they've been harvested, dried and packed into the bowl ofcourse.
I've always wanted to an 'smoke' my weed. Like a salmon? I wonder what the tastes would be like then?:48:

iClown said:
I like to add lit matches to my plants.... after they've been harvested, dried and packed into the bowl ofcourse.
:rofl:.. "perfect!"

You guys are too funny! Putting matches in the soil has been done for years with veggies to add a touch of sulphur. Don't see how it can hurt, but why not stick with proven nutes that get 'er done!

Rofl @ thread. old man, i work in culinary so ill take a bud of mine when my grow is done if i remember and put it in the smoker at work. what flav you think? it sounds pretty interesting to me.

Well this is an old school trick to promote fruiting in peppers and me being the mad scientist I am i'm willing to test this out to see the effects. Of course I use tried and true nutes but I am always interested in the different ways to fert a plant. Before hydro stores man and woman had to fert their plants we did not always have the net to guide us. All we had was past experiences and wivetales. But I do see the potential in this method to add P/K. Think of all the strange things that have been incorporated into grows and this may seem tame. My grows have been good but hey we all look for tricks to make it better. This is also a good trick for the financially embarrassed. Other old tricks include adding hair to your soil for nitrogen,banana peels for potassium , and fish to soil. My interest is purely scientific.

Matches or wood matches buried in dirt or whatever = compost........ might have a bloom buffer or not...... no telling after the elements get a hold of the goods......

i would not put hair in your soil until more research has been done.research from the garden center that used hair mediums to grow flowers grew well,but the whole purpose for the center was to use a medium in which weeds didnt grow.you know less detailing to do in the garden for those who prefer no weeds.

lotek said:
Rofl @ thread. old man, i work in culinary so ill take a bud of mine when my grow is done if i remember and put it in the smoker at work. what flav you think? it sounds pretty interesting to me.
I think maple could be pretty sweet to the taste. Or better yet........make butter out your next batch and smoke your salmon in weed butter under some maple wood.

Don't forget the garlic and onions and call me when it's done!

SKAGITMAGIC said:
i smoked salmon, it's soggy and hard to keep lit,reminded me of banana peels!!
It's hard to get a decent pull through it, also. Hahaha!

Latest posts

Back