mg or iron def?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herblover

Reaction score
I've had this problem for quite a while. Is this a mg or iron deficiency? My PH is 6.5 and I just recently began giving the babies a diluted taste of Fox Farms 6-4-4 Grow Big. I've got a really strong meristem of grow on the plants. I'm interested in your thoughts. Thanks - Herblover

Baby A100807 005.jpg

Doesn't look like an iron def. Resembles a magnesium def more. Hard one here. Whats the room temp and humidity?

too hot man,try and get the temps between 60-85f,although heat stress would be the second thing i would check on.
an iron def is extremely rare, id go with what BBP said first-probably a mg def as the outer edges are yellowing, but the veins remain green.

I've got the temp down to 80 and 85 now and have started spraying daily with epsom salt to see if I can improve the mg situation. Hopefully, I can turn things around.

Herblover said:
and have started spraying daily with epsom salt to see if I can improve the mg situation. Hopefully, I can turn things around.

Don't overdo Mg or you'll lock up other nutrients.

"REGULAR GARDEN LIME", this will raise the ph of an acidic based soil mix and also acts as a soil comditioner. 1 Tbl-sp pert gallon of soil.
this will also take care of the "mg" defficiency.
good luck dude

Latest posts

Back