Mh/Hps Lighting for flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KushBlower12

Smoke em' if ya got em'
Reaction score
Hey guys so I have a quick question about some lighting. I just started flowering a couple days ago... I have a 600 watt Hps and a switchable 400 watt... Ive already decided for flowering Im using both lights... my questions is, should I use both Hps, or run the 400 in Mh mode? I figure getting both spectrums wont hurt. I also have flouros on the walls for additional lighting. What do you guys think?

001-12.jpg

003-7.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

mj plants do best apparently under both spectrums.
but you have to but the lights so its a balance of both.
if you place them wrong like right side by side theyll
be one half ur grow with mh and the other half with hps yknow?
look into it, theres a way to do it and itll work nice.
if in doubt, use both as hps.
in fact, you might want to do both hps anyways itll most likely do better in flowering for sure.

Ya I thought that too. But I rotate my plants pretty often, probably 2-3 times a week. Would that be enough you think? I have over a thousand watts in a 4x4 closet... but ya maybe I should just do hps. anyone else tried this before?

well a 4x4 closet is 16 sq ft.

lets say your putting out 90,000 lumens with the 600, 55,000 with the 400 and maybe picking up another 10,000 from the tubes, even without the tubes you've got 145,000 lumens flowering.

Thats a little over 9000 lumens per sq ft. More than adequate for dense bud formation!!!

More light the better! Plus I have good air circulation so heat is not an issue... yet. In July and August I may be singing a different tune lol

I know what you mean. I just set-up my summer time ventilation system.

Winter went by waaaay to fast. Im not ready for summer and the heat it brings with it. Oh well, looks like we'll have to go outside and yield 2 lbs per plant... ah shux

My outdoors are ready for planting. I have a 3 foot afghani that will be monster this year.

Latest posts

Back