Micro Grow Q's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakebud77

Medcinal Supporter
Reaction score
I am about to start building a box and i need a lil advice. Its going to be a micro grow just for fun. I am thinking that i can have two small boxes, one for veg, one for flower. I was thinking i could have the veg box a foot tall to keep a mother and clones in it, and i already have a box for flower thats 12-9-20 inches with a little box area above it that i can use to put lights/wiring, and an air filter. I was going to use mainly CFL's and maybe a 70 watt security light(anyone know how much one of those costs?) I was looking into Bushmaster to keep them under 18 inches. Prolly going to use fox farms nutes, and potting soil(any advise with what kind of soil/ where to get it?) I am looking into either NL, Nirvana Afghani, or possibly Papaya. Anyone grow one of these in a small box and know if one does better than the others(yield, taste, Stoned high wise?) I was going to have a continuious circle where every two weeks i chop one down/ put in a new clone into flower. I know im forgetting a few things i needed to ask but i will just ask them off this thread sometime. Thanks to all! :D

the thing you need to understand is if you have a 20 inch tall box 3-4 inches will be taken up by the pots for your plants and you need another 4-5 inches of space between your plants and light you will need like 1ft of space if you use a HPS. And if you want any decent results you need a HPS. So now your looking at 12 inch tall plants

I suggest getting at least a 2-3ft tall box and a 400 watt HPS you can get one of those for like $100. I know it will be more money and work that way but if you do it like that you are looking at 1 oz per plant instead of 1/8 per plant.

Thanks for the advice. i think i just had a great idea. But im still curious about the strain, soil, the cost of a 70-150 watt hps light, and how much would it take to rig up some CFL's i figured it to be around $15 for 2 bulbs to be wired and all...

In a space that small imo you would run into cooling issues with anything other than cfl. I would just use a few cfl the bud won't be as dense but it's homegrown at least.

yeah. I am using a total of 3 CFL right now with over 3000 lumens with all of them together. It seems to be working for now, but they arn't that big they don't require that much light. But I am going to plan for about 8 lights in all. I am having the same problem with the need of a small place. I don't really care about the biggest yeild. I am just doing it cuz I am so sick of this shchwag **. if i was you, I would go for more cfls and work on it like that. ill let you know if I can come up with anything.

cfls are the right job for a micro grow check out "compact fluorecent lights 101 in the lights threads and try and pick up the right bulbs i did and my plants have started to look better already.

i have seen a 125 watt cfl at my local grow store that is the equivlent of a 500 watt light, i was thinking of trying two or more of those and see what happens

i read that there are different types of cfls that give out different spectrums of light, they measure in kelvins ,6500k(kelvins) is more suitable for veg as it has a blue spectrum and 5000k for flowering as its more red. i found a 100 watt bright white (6500k) bulb at my local diy store for 16.99 euros, i fitted it last night and my plants loves it and its only about 2 inches away from them, i have them in a bedside cabinet with a space of about 1 sq feet. i'll ad another bulb next week when i get the cash for it and another after that, i hope to have about 8 of these by the time i start flowering.

micro gro? please do not apply it to pot plants unless ya all want a terrible taste of buds

micro gro is good for flowers only, not for vegetables plants and fruits at all

I thought I did post this one up before?

Rambler said:
i read that there are different types of cfls that give out different spectrums of light, they measure in kelvins ,6500k(kelvins) is more suitable for veg as it has a blue spectrum and 5000k for flowering as its more red. i found a 100 watt bright white (6500k) bulb at my local diy store for 16.99 euros, i fitted it last night and my plants loves it and its only about 2 inches away from them, i have them in a bedside cabinet with a space of about 1 sq feet. i'll ad another bulb next week when i get the cash for it and another after that, i hope to have about 8 of these by the time i start flowering.

Its 2700k for flowering. 5000 is just the most useable for human sight.

Latest posts

Back