Miracle Grow, your thoughts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potplusguitar

Reaction score
k so ive got a box of miracle grow here, bloom formula, plants still relataively young, not sure whether or not to mix in some grow formulas or not.. any/all ideas and suggestions are welcome

I am a hydro grower, but the general concensus is that Miracle Grow is not a good soil to use for MJ (not everyone things that). The soil is pre-nuted and tends to be too hot. You also have no real control over nutrient release.

How old are they?How long till you plan on flowering?Should be fine but you might as well go get some normal MG to veg with then switch to bloom.

If you have to go out and buy soil, get something other than Miracle Grow.

well potplusguitar mg is good soil you just have to watch how you water. I grow in mg and my baby's do good. Check out the pic of my baby I grew in mg soil.

101_0413.jpg

i had the same question about MG soil. Not to hijack youre thread ,but what about mixing MG mositure control along with some organic MG soil? would that improve things?

BTW I have MG organic with pertile for my veg stage ,but thinking to mix the 2 soils when flowering stage when it comes

chris5 said:
i had the same question about MG soil. Not to hijack youre thread ,but what about mixing MG mositure control along with some organic MG soil? would that improve things?

No.Just leave the Moisture control at the store and stick with the organic.If you want to add anything try some Worm Castings and a healthy proportion of perlite.

mixing the slow release moitsure control would cancel out the benefits of the MG organic. all microbial life will die immediatley in the organic soil.
which i don't like the MG organic....its dead chicken compost. :huh:
I prefer using like guano, manure, worm castings. I try to stay away from messing with things like bone/blood meal and things of that nature. Eggshells in my compost heap I don't mind or left over veggies..but nothing that was part of a living thing. I get a lil freaked out by having my hands in stuff that had a rotting corpse in it. :holysheep:

Mutt said:
mixing the slow release moitsure control would cancel out the benefits of the MG organic. all microbial life will die immediatley in the organic soil.
which i don't like the MG organic....its dead chicken compost. :huh:
I prefer using like guano, manure, worm castings. I try to stay away from messing with things like bone/blood meal and things of that nature. Eggshells in my compost heap I don't mind or left over veggies..but nothing that was part of a living thing. I get a lil freaked out by having my hands in stuff that had a rotting corpse in it. :holysheep:

My older brothers said back in the day they worked on a pig farm and would bury pig fetuses under their plants.Keep in mind my brothers are full of it so it's hard to tell if it's true or not.

Im on my 4th grow now. Not sure about MG soil because ive never used it.But I do use MG soluble plant food for the veg stage.Starting off lightly and increasing ammount until reaching full dose.Then I feed every 4/5 day.The PPP I have going at the moment loved it.Only ever had slight burn once on my 2nd grow because I went to full strength too quick but other then that I really rate MG soluble.Grows big strong plants.I stick with Foxfarms for flowering.Not sure if I would use MG for the flowering stage though.Its says on the box that it is good for blooming plants.

lots of people use mg soil.i did on my first grow and had a good grow.you just have to be careful on watering too much fot the 1st 3 months.if i ever grow in soil again i will use mg soil.with ff nutes when ready for nutes.

He's got the MG Bloom.I had some out in the garage for our flowers so I went and looked.It's 15-30-15.So it probably wouldn't be too bad to veg with (answer to the original post).

that is B-U-T-ful what are you feeding that thing steroids? lol
very nice

I grow in MG. You have to be very careful about watering. It releases the nutes in the soil and at a very young age they can and most likely will nute burn your plants. I have had a lot of luck with MG, but after switching over to organic soil I would choose not too grow with MG again.

My 1st grow I used some with moisture lock in it and didn't like the results.

look at my journal link to see pics of my first MG grow....i'm talkin' 5 to 7ft tall plants in a closet...while i agree with hemp goddess, i also agree with mary jane...my journal has mixing info for MG soil to make it way less harsh...btw, i do hydro now, no guess work.

MARY-JANE said:
well potplusguitar mg is good soil you just have to watch how you water. I grow in mg and my baby's do good. Check out the pic of my baby I grew in mg soil.
what a beautiful looking bud.
what kind is it?

Latest posts

Back