mirror

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havingfun

Reaction score
Wife asked me a question. I tested my light at the lower part of my plants with a light meter and it is really low not sure if this means anything but it is 200 and goes to 2000. Her question was we have large mirrors. Has anyone ever done a mirror floor for there plants?

Why would ya want mirrors on your floor? The light coming up from the bottom is not gonna help your plants,,plus,,Mirrors do not reflect light worth a crap,no more then Foil does.

Yeah, plants don't utilize the underside of the leaf for photosynthesis because it isn't efficient enough to be worth it, and the stomata(respiration) are found on the undersides of the leaves. They don't like having much light to them anyway.

Weedhopper hit the nail on the head--plants do not need or want light to the undersides of the leaves and a mirror, while it may look like it reflects well, does not. They are very poor reflectors of light.

The 1000w light I ordered should fix my light problem. Bye Bye to the 600w Umbrella light. :)

Latest posts

Back