More Pics of the New Edition to the Family!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phatpharmer

Growin A Lifestyle
Reaction score
Hi guy's I thought I'd post somemore pics of the new Mom I got from a friend for my B-day, Its Legends Ultimate Indica the ortega pheno,this thing is a monster :headbang2: it take as much nutes as I can give her I took 10 cuttings on wednesday and you can hardy tell! I can't wait until they sprout so I can veg for acouple weeks and then flower these babies:hubba: ! Just wondering if anybody has grown this strain as I'd love to here how there expriences were! The Plant is in a 3gal bucket and is as wide as tall its just beautiful in the pics I added a 5 gal pail for size comparison hope you enjoy the pics and like I said if anyone has any info or pics of the LUI please share!

Phatpharmer:hubba:

P6190249.JPG

P6190250.JPG

P6190251.JPG

P6190252.JPG

P6190254.JPG

I can't help but suggest that you flower out THAT monster in the making! You could take enough clones to perpetuate the stock and start a new mommy... I'm not familiar with the strain but it looks like a very stout Indica! I checked out the genetics... It sounds great...

The "LegendsUltimate Indica" is a combination of our two most favorite indica's. This F1 hybrid was mothered by a previously unreleased Ortega plant from California. The Ortega's heavy indica traits shone through with its' tight buds and extremely stoney finish. The father, a second backcross Sweet Tooth from Spice of Life Seeds, adds the sweet and pungent flavor Breeder Steve strains are know for.

Happy Growing!:cool:

I'm thinking of flowering this bad boy I have a 400w MH sittin around maybe I'll put it to use, Do you think a 400w is enough or should I wait and use my 600wHPS?

Phatpharmer

Banjobuzz grows it a bunch. Not sure if it is the same pheno, but he loves it. I love good indies, everyone is saying sativa all the way. I like a good indica buzz on a lazy day or at night.. Good luck and 1x400 for just one plant should be fine. Do you have a conversion bulb?

You could use both and move your plants around the garden to get some exposure of each... I'm using a 1K dual arc in my closet now and it breaks down the same (600hps + 400 mh) and they love it...

Peace!:cool:

No conversion Bulb I just have a regular bulb (cheapy) I don't really use the 400w so I'm reluctant to spend on a bulb I'll probally use once! I mainly use a 600w HPS and a 1000w MH with conversion bulb(in 2 different flowering rooms) but they are both in use until early august as I have a whack of C99 gowin right now and there's no room in either for the LUI, should I wait until August or should I strike up my 400w MH, this decision is a tough 1 let me no what you guy's are thinkin? Thanks again Guy's

Phatpharmer

Phat, I can point you in the direction of where you can get a conversion bulb for less then 30 smackers. I would flower with that unless you let her veg for a few weeks and pull her down to an even canopy under the MH. I am not sure what your time is worth but I make over 30 an hour so if I am going to put in more then 1 hours work into it makes sense to just buy the bulb. She looks like she will be a space hog in your flower room and I am not sure if you are doing LST with a few or growing spears packed together. I am a big cola guy myself and rarely keep anything in my jars but the stuff bigger then my thumb. Everything else gets ran through my bubble bags- for my only weakness, Good Hash!:D

BubbleGumDrops2.jpg

Right now I running my 1000w in a 5x5 grow area with 30 plants all with a canopy of 18iches in 1 gal containers so its definitly sea of green, with the 600w I have a grow space of 4x4 and I run that on 2 cycles of 12 plants each cycle so its running 24/7 with 12 plants in each cycle i just remove the plants every 12 hours its alot of work but I'm on disability right now so I'm home all the time so its well worth it, I think I'll spend the $$ on a conversion bulb you never no when I might need it again! The only thing is I might be pushing the line on electricity thats 600w on 24/7 a 1000w on 12hrs a day plus my veg room which is 400w and now I'll be adding another 400w plus my inline fans which add up to 300w that sounds like alot of power, anyone no how many kilowatts that would be aday? I'll have to think about the power part first hopefully someone can help with that!

Phatpharmer

I run 8x600w hps, 4x8 in can fans, 2 pumps, and other misc. and I have only seen a 60 buck increase in power.

Buddy thanks for the info, maybe I should'nt worry to much then thanks again Buddy I guess I'm going to get a conversion bulb, where did you say I can get one for 30$, I live in Canada so shipping might be an issue but let me no any way thanks again Bud!

Phatpharmer

Buddy I just noticed the pics of the Hash, Holy crap what do them blocks wiegh in at? How much trim/bud did it take to make that much? My god what would you do with all that, that would last me lets just say I might want to stay on disability for alot longer LOL

Phatpharmer

phatpharmer said:
Right now I running my 1000w in a 5x5 grow area with 30 plants all with a canopy of 18iches in 1 gal containers so its definitly sea of green, with the 600w I have a grow space of 4x4 and I run that on 2 cycles of 12 plants each cycle so its running 24/7 with 12 plants in each cycle i just remove the plants every 12 hours its alot of work but I'm on disability right now so I'm home all the time so its well worth it, I think I'll spend the $$ on a conversion bulb you never no when I might need it again! The only thing is I might be pushing the line on electricity thats 600w on 24/7 a 1000w on 12hrs a day plus my veg room which is 400w and now I'll be adding another 400w plus my inline fans which add up to 300w that sounds like alot of power, anyone no how many kilowatts that would be aday? I'll have to think about the power part first hopefully someone can help with that!

Phatpharmer

Hey Phatpharmer...

Math was never my strongest subject but it's easier than you think... a kilowatt hour is simply each 1000w used in an hour. You're at 2300w (2.3Kw) now for 12 hours per day when everything is on and your veg room plus your fan gives you about 700w (.7Kw) for the other 12 hours. Add it all up and you get 27.6Kw/12 hr Flower Cycle Daily + 8.4Kw /12 hr veg cycle = 36Kw hrs/day... for your garden circuit. My electrical rate around here is about 9 cents/Kw hr... The cost for 36Kw at .09 = $3.25/day and $97.20/month.

Is everything on one circuit now? If so, what size breaker do you have on your indoor garden circuit? A 15 amp circuit can "safely" carry a total of 1440 watts, which is 80% of the 1800 watts found by mulitplying the volts times amps: 15 amps x 120 volts = 1800 total available watts and then multiplying that by 80% to arrive at a safe wattage draw of 1440 watts. A 20 amp circuit can be loaded 1920 watts: 120 x 20 = 2400 total watts x 80% = 1920 "safe" watts.

So... Unless you have a beefy breaker on that circuit, you're already more than likely really be pushing things... Be careful! I know most of us have all been in the same situation with this hobby. The amount of Extension cords, timers, splitters, that many small grows require is something else...

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back