Beginning covert outdoor grow in N.E.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally all 8 of my plants are officially in flower. I have been completing the 30% alcohol and 70% water + a tsp of dish soap shower on all of the plants and definately doing a pretty good job. I will keep at it and another Sil-Matrix shower tomorow. Definately getting over the hump it seems. They all have very different appearances which seems strange. Especially the one Godfather OG has continued to lack something, probably genetic. I am feeding cal-mag, FF Big Grow and FF Big Bud currently. That is it. Should I be adding anything else? It seems like I should be
IMG_0310.jpg
IMG_0321.jpg

Calmag... usually from 2wks old on thru week 6 or 7 of flower. I used to use it sparingly until my buddy BigSur51 slapped my hands, said, wake up... his favorite saying, needs more calmag.
It's very difficult to dial in so many different strains and yours seem to cover a wide gambit.. the light yellow leaf's are screaming for Nitrogen, might be a longer flowering plant like a Sativa dominant is all..

None look to bad to don't panic and never make multiple adjustments, you'll never know which worked..
luck

I changed from just adding cal-mag when I fed other nutes to adding it on every water so I don't think it is a cal-mag deficiency for the Purple Haze. I have 3 Purple Haze plants that you can see no resemblance. Take a look and tell me that they are the same strain.
This plant has always shown some aspect of this. Some fully developed leaves. Some crimped down and not developing and some with 2,3,4 leaves.
IMG_0336.jpg
IMG_0335.jpg
IMG_0334.jpg

This plant is also in the ground and planted 6 feet away. She is almost 8 feet tall and just went into flower a couple of days ago.
IMG_0340.jpg
IMG_0339.jpg

This girl is in the greenhouse and is doing well but also a little slow in the first 2 weeks of flower.
IMG_0338.jpg
IMG_0337.jpg

I had to cut and burn two greenhouse plants because I still am unable to get rid of the aphids. I have tried courses of alcohol/water, Lost Coast Theapy and Azamax. I have two plants left in the greenhouse that are not showing as many bugs so am continuing to wash them down. The four outside plants are doing good and I spray them at the same time.

Only one plant left of my original 10. Between the greenhouse bugs and the outdoor floods this Purple Haze gal is the only one left standing. She is kind of a Robert Crumb type of girl standing almost 11 feet tall. All clear and milky trichomes for now. The buds are getting a nice purple coloring.
IMG_0492.jpg
IMG_0494.jpg
IMG_0500.jpg
IMG_0501.jpg
I am hoping for some more bulk on the buds but I think that is wishful thinking. Anyway, one is betting then none.

Beginning line up for the 24 outdoor season. Starting a lot, knowing that I will probably only jar a few. My one remaining Purple Haze from last year was 10+feet tall and I quit trimming at 1lb. I prefer some variety.
Beast Mode (Carty) Auto - 4
Gabagoo (Carty) Auto - 4
Goji x SSDD Pheno (Carty) - 5
Snow Leopard Pheno (carty) - 2
Haze Feminized - 2
Chiquita Banana Feminized - 2
Not sure on the configuration yet because I will have 4 plants in 5 gal fabric pots on self watering bases in the greenhouse. The rest will be a combination of direct planting in the ground and the rest in 5 gal fabric pots inside the garden. Feed will be Jacks + cal mag. REMEMBER TO PRETREAT PLANTS EARLY FOR APHIDS, MITES AND PM. I am also making sure that my planting area under the scaffolding outside will be in higher areas because I lost plants last year to flooding. I am marking 5/7 as a start date for veg.
One question for the group. What do you do with the previous years sealed jars of your harvest? I have not found edibles to work for me and making hash seems to be a lot of work. I can only give out so much pain balm!

Attachments

• IMG_0919.jpg
    IMG_0919.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 0
Dry ice hash is a good way to store long term. I have some dry ice hash from 2019 that is still good to go. I store it in the freezer. Making cannabutter is another good option. I have some from a decade ago and the brownies I make are still killer. I store my ‘old bud’ in Mason jars with Boveda 62’s(that is the RH of the pack). I find the ‘well aged’ bud to be pretty narcotic. I’ve read the THC degrades into CBN which(again I have read) is an excellent analgesic and anti-inflammatory. I have 5 year old bud that works great. It is a hood problem to have. Too much bud.😂 Some folks say the Boveda packs change the flavor which may be true. I don’t get it but my taste buds ain’t what they used to be. I am in your boat right now. Trying to give away my stash since I have more curing. A good problem to have.

Dry ice hash is a good way to store long term. I have some dry ice hash from 2019 that is still good to go. I store it in the freezer. Making cannabutter is another good option. I have some from a decade ago and the brownies I make are still killer. I store my ‘old bud’ in Mason jars with Boveda 62’s(that is the RH of the pack). I find the ‘well aged’ bud to be pretty narcotic. I’ve read the THC degrades into CBN which(again I have read) is an excellent analgesic and anti-inflammatory. I have 5 year old bud that works great. It is a hood problem to have. Too much bud.😂 Some folks say the Boveda packs change the flavor which may be true. I don’t get it but my taste buds ain’t what they used to be. I am in your boat right now. Trying to give away my stash since I have more curing. A good problem to have.
Interesting about the anti inflammitory properties. I had not read that but it is a major reason I consume. All my old stash is in half gallon jars with boveda packs in the dark basement so degradation should be as minimal as you can get. I feel a little weird giving away 2 year old weed but you are right, I smoke it and is does the trick, maybe just not quite there. I have to learn to make hash. Any way to get that old skool hash aroma? I would love some of that.

Interesting about the anti inflammitory properties. I had not read that but it is a major reason I consume. All my old stash is in half gallon jars with boveda packs in the dark basement so degradation should be as minimal as you can get. I feel a little weird giving away 2 year old weed but you are right, I smoke it and is does the trick, maybe just not quite there. I have to learn to make hash. Any way to get that old skool hash aroma? I would love some of that.
I tried to make bubble hash a couple of times. Once, the humidity was too high and I got mold on it. The other attempt worked and it smelled and tasted like late 70’s to early 80’s hash. Dry ice hash is really keif but is very easy to make and there is no drying needed. The only difference is it isn’t the same consistency as old time hash. If you hear it up, supposedly it will get that consistency but I never bothered try doing that. I am lazy. Heat and pressure is how hash is made historically from keif(which is just the trichome heads knocked off of the flowers). I made a ‘tutorial’ on how I did the dry ice hash/keif a while back. I will post a link shortly.

Wow, building your own frames. Really interesting.
LOL. I read it after posting the link. I just bought some of these.
1715869751582.png

I only used the 120 mesh but I suppose the 96 mesh might further refine the keif further.

Latest posts

Back