Beginning covert outdoor grow in N.E.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice greenhouse. I would make sure your light hours ar the same inside as outside before you put them outside. Three of my outside plants are doing some type of revegging I think because of this even tho I tried to time it right. Good luck with your grow ✌️
I am only getting additional light at dusk otherwise it is synced up good. I am going to try and keep one Godfather, Chiquita Banana and Purple Haze, as well as the one labeled Northern Lights Auto in the greenhouse. The other six go into the ground. My question is do I wait longer to transplant outside if they are not root bound and doing well. They are 30 days in the 3/4 full 5 gallon pots. For now I see no reason to not keep the additional lights synced up with my daylight schedule. There is not much heat given off these fixtures to make a diffence.

I am only getting additional light at dusk otherwise it is synced up good. I am going to try and keep one Godfather, Chiquita Banana and Purple Haze, as well as the one labeled Northern Lights Auto in the greenhouse. The other six go into the ground. My question is do I wait longer to transplant outside if they are not root bound and doing well. They are 30 days in the 3/4 full 5 gallon pots. For now I see no reason to not keep the additional lights synced up with my daylight schedule. There is not much heat given off these fixtures to make a diffence.
Let’s ask @bigsur51

you can put them out anytime now

i dropped two in the ground just now , 10 gal pots , not rootbound…

lemon Betty and snowcain

IMG_4751.jpeg

You convinced me that if they are going in the ground now is as good of a time as later. All six planted under the scaffolding. Four will stay in the greenhouse which is 99% complete. Pics attached as a zip file. I will try and revise if it does not work.

Attachments

• pp (2) (1).zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Let’s see inside that grow room. Your place is really nice. What’s that growing in the big tub?
you got chickens?
Last years composted squash is growing out of the cattle trough. No chickens. I am anxious to see how four plants finish in the greenhouse. It will be a learning experiance. Here is inside.
1687293192331.png

I’ll bet they do great. You got air flow in there like an exhaust fan? It’s a lovely house, I want one in my yard now that the shade from my trees are a bit too much for an outside grow here except on my deck. Did you build that yourself?

No fans in place yet but they are ordered. I bought the greenhouse as a kit and it came as panels. I hired a carpenter friend to build and paint it. I just added the slate tiles that I recycled and that was it. If you do a google search for cottage greenhouses you will be bombarded with adds from companies selling them. It is more cost effesctive then buying all of the material from HD or Lowes and building it yourself.

My plants in the ground and in the greenhouse seem to be doing well. The outside plants are behind as far as growth goes. They were similar in size when I separated them out. The trauma of transplanting has not let them catch up yet. I moved the lights to the more center of the greenhouse and separated the plants to mimic finishing size. They will fit fine but I don't want to try and move them once they grow through the wire mesh. The last pic has a little spider who I assume is benificial or at least not a issue.

IMG_0102.jpg
IMG_0099 (2).jpg
IMG_0098 (1).jpg
IMG_0103.jpg

the spidey is your friend

those scaffold frames are awesome and should give protection to those plants when covered

those look heavy duty

i enjoyed building scaffolding and have been up pretty high on some jobs…

higher than this

View attachment 331897

the Asian bamboo scaffold builders are on another level

View attachment 331898
That bamboo scaffolding is crazy. I have tarp + pvc covers that bend into the tube of the scaffold for heavy rains. It worked really well two years ago when we go hit really hard. My mulch was in much better shape then.
IMG_3107 (1).JPG

Latest posts

Back