moving for light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noneedforalarm

Cannabinoid
Reaction score
it wouldnt be to stressful if i moved my plants everyday for a better spot in the light cycle(say a window)of the sun then back to grow for dark hours eh?also what about being extremely careful if this turns to be to stressful.if i can simulate little change,maybe enough that a 5mph wind would put on it,i dont think thats to stressful...then again what do i know,haha thats why im here :D

Move all you want, what do you think a light mover does, you are just doing it manually instead.

la9 said:
Move all you want, what do you think a light mover does, you are just doing it manually instead.
:confused:.. a "light mover" doesn't move the plants around, nor does it change the quality or intensity of the light to any degree. Moving the plants from artificial light to natural sunlight does both.
Not that it should be extreemly stressfull, or adversly effect the plants if done with reasonable care, but IMO, it isn't comparable to a light mover, which allows the plants to remain stationary in a controlled environment and under the same spectrum, intensity light throughout the grow.
But simply moving them out of the 'controlled' room could present a risk, of exposing them to other plants or pets that could infect them with pests.
I'm not saying "don't do it", I'm only saying that are limited risks involved and some reasonable care should be used.

would agree with Hick. however, going from artifical light to sun light can burn the plant if it is not used to the full strength of sunlight. more than that, just be careful not to distrurb the root mass and you're good.

i have another post talking about a recent problem with the set of leaves after the first round leaves dying out....does anyone think this is a symptom of the stress from artificial light to sunlight?

noneedforalarm said:
i have another post talking about a recent problem with the set of leaves after the first round leaves dying out....does anyone think this is a symptom of the stress from artificial light to sunlight?

Unlikely. More probably a soil, pest, or water problem. I have often moved quite small plants into the sunshine to get a boost, never had a problem.

Latest posts

Back