Moving my Grow....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchick832

Reaction score
I know that I don't have any viable plants yet, but when my lease is up in three months I will (hopefully). Has anyone here ever moved an entire grow operation? How will my plants handle it? Will my dro plants die because of the lack of the air pump and electricity? When is the best time to do it? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to camaflouge it if I get asked?

Thanks,
Metalchick
:ccc:

Hi MC,
Do it at night for a start.
A short interuption in light should not bother your plants too much, just be as quick as poss.
P.S.
Under no circumstances move th4em during the dark period.

Why not move them during the dark period? If I keep them covered with like a black blanket so there is no light leak will it be a problem? It makes sense to me that if you do it at night you should do it when the plants are in their dark period because you'll have to interrupt the light cycle anway. Am I wrong?

~Metalchick

There are a lot of ways for the plants to get exposed to some light in their dark period. Sure, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if it happened, but it isn't ideal. I moved my entire grow about 2 months ago. I did a run in the day and a run at night. I used white garbage bags during the day run. Horrible mistake. The green leaves could be seen through the plastic :eek:. At night I used black plastic, but the bags were too thin so other car's headlights passed through the bag and the leaves were silhouettes. Everything with the DWC was fine but the water spilled a little.

What have I learned? Transport at night so you don't have 2'+ tall garbage bags in the back of your car/truck/wagon at high noon... Use thick plastic. Go with the flow of traffic. You can also have another car drive a few miles in front of you to warn you of road blocks or police.

Those are great ideas DL... but I was planning on using a moving truck. Like a UHaul or something that you can't see the contents of. I am moving from apartment to house, so all I would have to do is back the truck up to the garage and open both doors and nobody can see you. Okay, so don't move them during the dark period and use a moving van. Anything else?

~Metalchick

Oh... and I just remembered that next year we are going to buy a house in the panhandle... OMG... how am I going to move plants for that long of a ride?

I suddenly don't want to move anymore... :(

Should I move them during flower or veg? I have a little bit of control over that option at least.

veg... that way it wont matter if they get a little extra day light and you can move... it wont stress them out as much as if they were in flower...

If you are three months out, I would start flowering in a month so they can be done right before you leave. That would take a huge weight off my shoulders...

It doesn't matter what light cycle they are in when you move them. It's all the same for the most part.

I moved my plants with nothing else in the car. If something were to happen they can confiscated everything.

Um... question... Since I am moving in three months and my plants are only a few days old (not even through the soil yet and the dro plants aren't even an inch tall) how long should I veg and then when should I start my flower? Is it possible to go from seedlings to flower in three months or less?

~Metalchick

It most definitely is... What strain is it? Do you want to go into chat?

Well, my computer freezes every time the chat room window opens. So, could you explain to me how to do that please? I mean, if I could get them to flower and back to veg in three months or less I'd like to!!

Thanks,
Metalchick

{Edit}--> I don't know what strain it is. It is bagseed.

I would say veg under 24/7 light for approx 4/5 weeks and then flower, dont prune/top as this will slow growth and add a week of grow time.
Good luck MC.

Why would you want them to reveg after flowering? I think taking a cutting before you start flowering would be the better idea. Re vegetation can take a very long time.

I moved my garden before. It is better to move during veg. The hydro plants will be fine. I just drained all of the water out of the buckets so the roots wouldn't rot from no air. If it is a long trip just bring a spray bottle with water to mist the roots occasionally so they don't completly dry out. If your plants are in flower just move them during their light cycle.
Darkness during the light cycle won't hurt the plants but light during the darkness will cause them to reveg.

Latest posts

Back